From Russia With Love
The Pink Panther
Around The World in 80 Days
Dr. Shivago
Star Wars
Animal House
Airport.
And this one.....

I just wonder who in their right mind watched that movie and said "Man that was a good movie I should buy the soundtrack" !!!lol :yikes:

Mark

I like the Ennio Morricone spaghetti western soundtracks, as well as "The Mission" - simply beautiful.
Local Hero - Mark Knopfler
Seabiscuit - Randy Newman
How about 'Easy Rider' ?
Patton - Jerry Goldsmith

:music:

Garden State
Adventureland

Totally forgot about Adventureland, great in-movie S/T! Trying to find this on vinyl is confusing. Doesn't show up in American market, shows up sometimes foreign (fake / scam?), sometimes reasonably priced, sometimes upwards of $100. Haven't found this album on a reputable site, just weird.

Totally forgot about Adventureland, great in-movie S/T! Trying to find this on vinyl is confusing. Doesn't show up in American market, shows up sometimes foreign (fake / scam?), sometimes reasonably priced, sometimes upwards of $100. Haven't found this album on a reputable site, just weird.

Pretty decent movie. The eighties were kinda before my time. This movie had me realize that the 80's was more than just horrible hair metal.

Donnie Darko showed me some pretty good 80's jams as well.

Good luck on your search... I would guess that would be a difficult LP to find (and 100 bucks seems way to steep).

I like the Pulp Fiction sound track. It has plenty of cool quotes between songs. I will admit giving the Top Gun CD some guilty pleasure time when blasting around on the highway. I also like the Olympic themes on Summon the Heroes. But, Victory at Sea Volumes 1 to 3 is the best sound track ever.

Many of the great ones have already been mentioned....here`s a couple that haven`t....

"The Last Temptation Of Christ" (Peter Gabriel)
"The Darjeeling Limited" (The Kinks shine brightly here)
"Times Square" (Lots of New Wave/Punk performances)
"Birdy" (Peter Gabriel & Daniel Lanois)

Sucker_Punch_Soundtrack.jpg

Some VERY tasty remakes and mixes of old classics as well as new cuts ... :thumbsup:

1. "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" Emily Browning 5:18
2. "Army of Me (Sucker Punch Remix)" Björk featuring Skunk Anansie 6:50
3. "White Rabbit" Emilíana Torrini 5:07
4. "I Want It All / We Will Rock You Mash-Up" Queen featuring Armageddon aka Geddy 5:07
5. "Search and Destroy" Skunk Anansie 4:24
6. "Tomorrow Never Knows" Alison Mosshart and Carla Azar 7:35
7. "Where Is My Mind?" Yoav and Emily Browning 6:08
8. "Asleep" Emily Browning 4:20
9. "Love Is the Drug" Carla Gugino & Oscar Isaac 4:12

Yeah, the music for Sucker Punch was fantastic.

A few years ago, when that first came out, and my sister's middle daughter was about 13 or 14, she looked JUST like Emily Browning. She's mostly grown out of it now, which I should have expected, because when my sister's oldest daughter was about that age, she looked just like Cameron Diaz--and later mostly grew out of it.

Here are the three of them as of this past weekend's Thanksgiving gathering--"Cameron" in the middle (age 19), "Emily" on the right (age 17), and the youngest on the left, who at age 15 already has more championship ribbons for showing horses than anyone else in the state of Kansas (by my unofficial estimation). Yes, I'm a proud uncle.

12301640_10153830513996095_230113893379930113_n.jpg

Paris,Texas (Ry Cooder)
I really like the movie too.
And while I'm at it, I'll toss in One from the Heart (Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle)

Back
Top Bottom