Favorite TV Show Theme Song

1. The guitar work by Lawrence Juber for 7th Heaven
2. The theme from the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers
3. The Theme from the Andy Griffith Show
4. Suicide is Painless from M*A*S*H*

There are soooo many. Not just good ones, but also memorable ones, like The Addams Family theme. Many good one's have already been listed.

May I add one: The "WKRP in Cincinnati" theme?

Baby, did you ever wonder?
Wonder whatever became of me
I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, WKRP

(etc.)

Great show, too... remember the turkeys ("oh the humanity...")?

Haha, I agree. WKRP was a good show. The turkey drop was hilarious !!! I also liked the song they played during the closing credits. Anyone know what that song was ?

J

Originally posted by mhardy6647
Great show, too... remember the turkeys ("oh the humanity...")?

Laughed myself silly the first time I saw that episode! I had forgot about WKRP, thanks for listing it mhardy6647.

"As God is my witness . . . I thought turkeys could fly."

-Dave

Last edited:
Originally posted by Johnny
I also liked the song they played during the closing credits. Anyone know what that song was ?

J

Made me curious Johnny so I did a quick search. Found the following info -

Q. Who wrote the closing theme? Who sings it?

A. The closing theme also has music by Tom Wells. The nonsense lyrics were probably mostly improvised by the singer. According to Steve Marshall at the Museum of Television and Radio's WKRP seminar (March 4, 1994), the singer of the closing theme was named Jimmy Ellis.

http://members.attcanada.ca/~jacjud/wkrpfaq.html

Anyone else remember the WKRP episode where Johnny Fever agreed to an on-air alcohol test? He was supposed to prove that alcohol impaired one's response time. Instead, his response time got better the more he drank. Too funny.

Or the time Les Nessman pronounced Chi Chi Rodriguez's name wrong (Chi, as in Pie)?

Man, that was a good show.

JD

Wasn't the alcohol test episode also the one where Herb had to dress up in fish costume? Always felt sorry for poor Herb, talk about a born loser.

I also loved Les's office walls - gotta knock before you enter. Too funny!

-Dave

I liked Mr Carlson. Didn't have a clue & liked it that way. That was an excellent show.-Sandy G.

Always like the Hill Street Blues theme

I don't think anyone has mentioned Miami Vice yet. That's the only tv show I can think of that I actually bought the soundtrack for (on cassette of course). Jan Hammer (sp?) put together some fine tunes for that show - really pushed the envelope for TV shows at the time IMHO.

JD

Almond of the Toasted variety,
You mentioned the National Geographic theme.
I gotta say that theme is ever embedded in my mind. As a kid (small kine) we used to gather in the school cafeteria to watch movies. Once the 4, 3, 2, 1, clocked down....when the National Geographic theme started to play, we'd all break out in cheers and clapping.:D It was better than getting cheeseburgers for lunch! There's still a sense of anticipation when ever I hear that theme;)
da da da dah dat de da dat boom boom!:p:

Yes, WKRP in Cincinnati has the best theme song!!!

How about when the Big Guy aka Mr. Carlson put cocaine on his feet thinking it was foot powder!!!! :D

Last edited:
Welcome to AK e2e4c7c5 :bigok:

Yes, excellent episode! I also like the bomb episode - It's the Phone Cops!!!! :p:

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom