Favorite TV Show Theme Song

Originally posted by Dave918
Welcome to AK e2e4c7c5 :bigok:

Yes, excellent episode! I also like the bomb episode - It's the Phone Cops!!!! :p:

-Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the welcome:)

Yes, What a great show, unfortunately it does not do that well, ratings wise, in syndication reruns, so it's hard to catch on TV, sometimes it pops up on TVLAND.

I would never get tired of watching the show or Jennifer and Bailey!!!:smlove:

Yeah, the syndicated reruns really suck cause they could not secure the rights to use most of the original music and what they substituted just doesn't work in most cases.

That brings up another question -

Who's hotter in your opinion - Jennifer (Loni Anderson) or Bailey (Jan Smithers)?

For me it's gotta be Bailey. Beautiful, smart, and that shy innocence that could not be faked. :naughty:

-Dave

Bailey was much hotter than that skank Loni Anderson. I could just imagine what Loni must have looked like first thing in the morning before Earl Sheib came by to apply a couple of coats of lacquer.

Mike

Oh and speaking of WKRP, how bout the times Les Nessman would beat his chest while doing his "helicopter" weather reports.

Too funny

Mike

Earl Scheib & his $59.95 paint jobs !! Omigod !! Good 'un , Mike !! Yep, I thought Bailey was hotter than ol' Jennifer- at least you might have a chance w/her. Wished they'd had more shows featuring her. -Sandy G.

Originally posted by ProAc_Fan
Bailey was much hotter than that skank Loni Anderson. I could just imagine what Loni must have looked like first thing in the morning before Earl Sheib came by to apply a couple of coats of lacquer.

Mike

Well, I guess Burt Reynolds used to know what Loni looked like first thing in the AM...

And, make no mistake... Bailey was way hotter. Something about women with glasses :)

Another vote for Bailey. They didnt give ya much chance to notice, but that women was packing a body !!!

I feel the same way about Janet on Threes Company. I always thought Chrissy looked rather dumpy. Dont get me started on Mary Ann and Ginger . Ginger was VERY hot !!! Wins in a landslide with me.

J:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Apparently Tina Louse was sort of a rounder in real life. I remember reading somewhere she used to love to shock & annoy the p*ss outta Natalie Schaefer w/tales of her wild sexual exploits when they were in "make-up" in the mornings before filming. Wasn't she in "Playboy" a few times in the mid-60s ? -Sandy G.

On a side note regarding Gilligan's island, how was it they could build a washing machine and other amenities but never managed to build a BOAT????

Mike

I LOVE the WKRP closing theme! Thought about doing that with my band just to see if anyone knows what the hell it is. And I was severely bummed the first time I caught the pilot on TV LAnd and heard the crap they substituted for Nugent when Johnny spins his first rock record.

Sorry, folks, I just gotta go with Jennifer / Loni. She's my kinDD (hint hint) of woman. Where is that type of figger on TV these days? Who's the current model in the Donna Douglass / Barbara Eden / Lynda Carter mold? Laura San Giacoma from Just Shoot Me comes close but even she seems to be somewhate petite and slender apart from (as my wife calls it) "the ol' front porch".

Another show that had a cool closing theme was a short lived series called "struck by lightning".

Now on the Magnum theme, do you mean the first one with the old style film noir sound, or the later Mike Post theme with the chugging guitar?

Speaking of guitar, gotta love the Simon & Simon theme. Not the old "meaning of amigo" one but the later one with the slide guitar riff.

And how about the version of Harlem Nocturne that they had for "Mike Hammer"? Great smokey saxophone.

Speaking of sax, who did the version of "yakity sax" for Benny Hill? AWESOME!

Am I the only one who detests the theme to "Enterprise"? Sounds like Richard Marx, only with even less balls. Yuck

On a side note regarding Gilligan's island, how was it they could build a washing machine and other amenities but never managed to build a BOAT????

Mike

Forget the boat, how could you be stranded with Ginger and Mary Ann for years and not nail them both :eek:

I think the "Yakity Yak" theme on Benny Hill was done by his studio musicians. There were several versions of it, if you listen close. I often wondered what that song was he played a lot that included the words "...Yeah, yeah, there's somethin' 'bout you baby I like....". Miss ol' Benny. Loved that l'il bald-headed older guy they smacked on the noggin all the time. -Sandy G.

re: yakety Sax

Thought it was worth mentioning that the song "Yakety Sax" was cowritten and popularized by sax player Boots Randolph in the early 1960's. It was used as theme music on a popular Baltimore-area TV show (Lorenzo the Clown) in those days.

There is an interesting "version" of the song, appropriately rechristened "Yakety Axe" appearing on the interesting Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler 1990 colllaboration called "Neck and Neck".

Inquiring minds (might) want to know :)

Oh and speaking of WKRP, how bout the times Les Nessman would beat his chest while doing his "helicopter" weather reports.

Too funny

Mike

Best episode?when they dropped turkeys out of the helicopter at Thanksgiving"As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"

you guys gotta stop gettin these good discussions goin when I'm at work...:dammit: :dammit: now I gota try to catch up!!!

OK

Ginger 'vs' Mary ann.....Mary Ann....those hot pants...and that tight little :butt2: rrrrrrrrrrrr

Baily 'vs' Jennifer....depends on which night....(day!!)MWF...TTS.....sunday-breaktime!!

Janet 'vs' Chrissy......Janet.....well actually.....Mrs Roper(dont let that MU-MU..fool ya!!!!:naughty: ...LOL

Peggy Bundy...'vs' Marcy!!!!....a no brainer (ooooh the cleavage!!!)

Another hottie was 'Susan' from Babylon 5....wooooah!!!(dont get me started on t-pau from enterprise!!!)

I remember the few times she took them off. Bad girl! You get a severe tongue lashing!

Carl

I liked the "Land of the Lost" tune....and those Sleestacks scared me when I was younger.

Thank goodness Holly doesn't excite me anymore....but I still have an overwhelming urge to harm Cha-Ka. :)

Originally posted by Dave918
Yeah, the syndicated reruns really suck cause they could not secure the rights to use most of the original music and what they substituted just doesn't work in most cases.

That brings up another question -

Who's hotter in your opinion - Jennifer (Loni Anderson) or Bailey (Jan Smithers)?

For me it's gotta be Bailey. Beautiful, smart, and that shy innocence that could not be faked. :naughty:

-Dave

Oh definitely Bailey, love a HOT woman in glasses!:smlove:

here's a link to a fan's website about Jan Smithers

http://www.clothmonkey.com/smithers.htm

And Mary Ann over Ginger, not by much though!!!
:D

Back
Top Bottom