Favorite "Under the Radar" movie?

Marantz Fan

What film do you love that few people know?

Passage to Marsaille
Great low budget, studio formula WWII film.
Humphrey Bogart, Sidney Greenstreet, Peter Lorie, Claude Reins.

"The Mask of Dimitrios". A 1944 Warners noirish international intrigue thriller with Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and Zachary Scott. Directed by Jean Negulesco.

Of recent, Cop Car with Kevin Bacon. If this movie cost a million dollars to make I'd be surprised, but the storyline is very good and the cinematography makes for an extremely suspenseful movie.

The Last Lullaby.

Tom Sizemore, Sasha Alexander
A great story told with minimal dialogue

This space intentionally left blank.

Promised Land - 1987

A very young Meg Ryan in her first substantial role, and an equally young (and very good) Kiefer Sutherland.

And, for something totally off the wall, check out Wristcutters: A Love Story. Indescribable.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

"The Darjeeling Limited" (2007)

Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman are brothers, reuniting for the first time in a year since their fathers death, embarking on a journey across India (by train), to find their mother who has joined an ashram somewhere in the mountains.

A thoroughly warm and charming little film, great soundtrack by The Kinks.

"The Stunt Man"

Steve Railsback. Barbara Hershey. Peter O'Toole.

It's an interesting study of perception and the nature of reality and an entertaining movie about making movies.

"Meshes Of The Afternoon" (1959). By Maya Deren and Alexander Hammid.

"The Fall" (2006). By Tarsem

"Baraka" (1992). By Ron Fricke

"Breaking Away" (1979)

Engaging comedy, with blue-collar townies vs. snobby, rich college students.

Bicycle racers/riders will love this.....

Great movie.

And the plot was to be .... "revisited" years later in 'Good Will Hunting.'

"Cutters started it!"

Extract, 2009. Laughed my ass off. Yet nearly every time I ask people if they've seen this I get blank stares. Gene Simmons of Kiss has a small but funny part. Great for a few laughs if you like this kind of flick.

Extract is a 2009 American comedy film written and directed by Mike Judge. The film stars Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, Kristen Wiig, Dustin Milligan, J. K. Simmons, and Ben Affleck. This was said to be Judge's companion piece to his cult-classic Office Space.

The 13th Warrior. Big screen interpretation of "Eaters Of The Dead" by Michael Crichton.

Loved the book, loved the movie.

The 13th Warrior. Big screen interpretation of "Eaters Of The Dead" by Michael Crichton.

That was a good movie and Bulvi's death scene was worthy of a hero. My beef with the movie is the characters looked nothing like Norse warriors, what with the leather biker gear, the double swords mounted on a guy's back, some late Medieval plate armor and one guy wearing a Roman gladiator helmet (!?!): such nonsense is distracting, to me anyway.

One of my favorites. :thmbsp:

"Attack!" with Jack Palance, Eddie Albert, Lee Marvin and Buddy Ebsen. Gripping anti-war movie about a group of soldiers in World War II suffering under an incompetent and cowardly captain (Eddie Albert).

"The Station Agent" (2003)

Peter Dinklage plays Finn McBride, an angry, antisocial dwarf, who inherits a piece of real estate containing an old train depot (he`s a railroad buff), and decides to take up residence there. His gruff exterior is eventually worn down, and he is befriended by Joe (Bobby Cannevale, the food truck operator), Olivia (Patricia Clarkson, local divorcee`), and Emily, (Michelle Williams, the sweet young librarian).

Filmed on location in Northwest NJ, right around where I spent a lot of time in my younger days.

Back
Top Bottom