Favorite "Under the Radar" movie?

In Bruges w/Colin Farrell. Had to think about the topic for quite some time. Graphic violence, a lil' slow at times, funny as shit.

"Joe The King" (1999) Noah Fleiss, Val Kilmer, John Leguizamo, Karen Young, Ethan Hawke

14-year-old Joe Henry has a rough existence in a poor and dysfunctional family from Upstate New York. His violent, drunken father (Kilmer) abuses him, while his fragile mother (Young) pretty much ignores him. Lacking any real guidance, Joe naturally gravitates toward trouble.

Lets Go To Prison!
Nothing like a little prison humor to make one laugh!:eek:
Even though the critics loved to hate it!:thumbsdown:

That didn’t stop me from laughing my butt off the whole movie.:jump:

Enjoy if prison humor appeals to your twisted brain:crazy:
PQ

"Dead Man" was a great call. I would highly recommend "Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil". How that one fell through the cracks is a mystery.

"Bagdad Café`"

This outstanding charmer flew under my radar for years before I became aware of it. The plot centers around a run-down, isolated truck stop/motel way out in the Mojave Desert, run by tough-as-nails Brenda (CCH Pounder). A female German tourist abandons her ride after a big verbal blowout with her husband, which leaves her walking down the hot, desolate highway with nothing but a suitcase. The tourist winds up at the Café`, moving into one of the vacant rooms, and takes a stab at adapting to her strange surroundings. Jack Palance has a great role as a retired Hollywood movie set painter.

This is a good one !

Motorama - Very surreal, cool ass flick!

Flea, Drew Barrymore and a cast of nut cases.

And-

8 Heads in a Duffle Bag - Joe Pesci

Love and a .45

Before Renée Zellweger was famous--in fact, the original movie poster didn't even list any of the cast, but it DID say "featuring music by: " lol

Love-and-a-45.jpg

I've got four:

Trainspotting - 1996 (Ewan McGregor)
In the Company of Men - 1997 (Aaron Eckhart)
Nobody's Fool - 1994 (Paul Newman, Bruce Willis, Jessica Tandy, Melanie Griffith)
And the Band Played On - 1993 (Matthew Modine)

You can look these up, but I recommend just buying/streaming them. All are worth the price of admission.

Seconds 1966 Rock Hudson
An unhappy middle-aged banker agrees to a procedure that will fake his death and give him a completely new look and identity - one that comes with its own price.
Director:
John Frankenheimer

The Conversation 1974
A paranoid, secretive surveillance expert has a crisis of conscience when he suspects that a couple he is spying on will be murdered.
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Keep an eye out for Harrison Ford

Blow Out 1981
A movie sound recordist accidentally records the evidence that proves that a car accident was actually murder and consequently finds himself in danger.
Director:
Brian De Palma

Last edited:
has anyone mentioned 'Ghostworld' by Terry Zwygoff, or 'Crumb' also by him?

"Ghostworld" with Steve Buscemi and Thora Birch ? That was quite an unusual film, it made me feel sad toward the end, with each of the characters watching a friendship drift away....

i thought it was a very fine film, with a very young, still teen Scarlett Johansson playing opposite Thora B.

i thought it was a very fine film, with a very young, still teen Scarlett Johansson playing opposite Thora B.
Indeed....another film of hers (co-starring John Travolta and a then-unknown Gabriel Macht) is "Love Song For Bobby Long" (this one flies way under the radar)

Back
Top Bottom