FED EX ...im FED TF UP!!

gentlejax

Monday my new amp was dropped off, in Washington. within 3hrs it was marked as delivered which was not the case as i am in Louisiana. so I notified seller and he called. said it would be fixed next day. well bs as it wasnt and after I had to call fed ex myself they told me they cant reverse the "delivered" which is an absolutel joke..this is not the dawn on computers or the net. so I had to request a hold when it got to my city...they were supposed to call back...they never did ....I called that night and after an hour on phone they got disconnected and so I still have no idea what or when or where or if my package is now a $600 gift to Nick @ FEX

This am my next preamp shipped out. FED EX again....right off the bat it said there were 2 tracking numbers to me from same place. contacted sender said he only made 1 . well less than hour later there was a exception and my package didnt manage to get on the truck at all. for some reason they left it off.

if I had time id drive the the main headquarters and leave them a deposit of what I feel their service is worth...

im holding my tongue as it is on how I feel their incompetence is. yes they are super busy....doing the exact single thing they do all the time daily ..so seems to me there is a lack of efficiency and or brains

twice in 3 days mind you....I never use fed ex and I dont think I am going to start. cant reverse a status ? you would think they would assign a new tracking number so I could manage it.. nope....idiots

You must be....

I've never had any issues with FEDEX.. Sounds pretty messed up..Hopefully things get squared away PDQ.:thumbsup:

FedEx in my area is a pain. If someone does "direct signature required" I can't redirect the package to a local pickup location. I have to either try to swing by their warehouse and get lucky or wait for them to miss the delivery three times (I have a day job...) And then go in to pick it up. It took me three tries to get my new phone last week.

Also, even with no signature required, they refuse to enter my apartment building using the key I leave outside the building entrance. UPS has no problem.

FedEx in my area is a pain. If someone does "direct signature required" I can't redirect the package to a local pickup location. I have to either try to swing by their warehouse and get lucky or wait for them to miss the delivery three times (I have a day job...) And then go in to pick it up. It took me three tries to get my new phone last week.

Also, even with no signature required, they refuse to enter my apartment building using the key I leave outside the building entrance. UPS has no problem.
That's interesting, I have redirected to my local FedEx office many times when signature has been required. I just have to show proof of who I am when I arrive. Maybe policies have changed or it depends on location?

Signature required is fine. It's specifically the "direct" signature required thing that causes an issue. It's a specific service that doesn't allow redirects.

I redirect all of my other packages to the Walgreens down the street.

I also cant figure out what is going by from their text messages. yesterday my package went from "on truck for delviery" to "delivery changed to Friday 12/14" to "ready to be picked up now"

Im starting to think its a miracle anyone gets their packages from FE.

oh and after 3 1/2 days of my other package saying it was "delivered" when it was not, the impossible has been changed, they have somehow on my behalf rewritten the code to the software for their tracking system to now show the progress of my package that was originally mistankenly marked as delivered...

Gentlejax. I very much like your idea on how to to leave a deposit for FedEx. LOL. I will have to remember that when dealing with USPS. I think we all have had our disaster stories with shipping. With me its USPS in my part of the world. I wish you all luck and hope you a Christmas present of getting this thing straightened out.

Disclaimer: My views are based on my experiences only. These are my opinions and are not made to discredit any other views or opinions.

In my experience....Fed Ex used to be the best....nowadays.....they seem to be the worst! Just the opposite of my experience with the US Postal System.

Unless its small i dont use usps. My mail lady is like 80. I see way too many seasoned citizens at postal. I dont risk it. Lol. I havnt used them since the destroyed a sub a long time ago.

Just yesterday found a package in my driveway the Fedex driver left. Not on the porch by the door but in the middle of the driveway. No one was home, empty driveway!
Called to complain, told someone must of moved it!
WTF!
The delivery driver working my route is a lazy angry person. But owns his truck and I'm just a customer.
I never use them as a rule. Don't even check out there prices. USPS or UPS for me.
This package yesterday was from Amazon IIRC, something the wife ordered and had no idea it was coming.

I've had similar experiences with UPS. They are the most incompetent of all the delivery services. I will never use UPS again.

Funny how every area is different. USPS in my area is terrible. They’ve done the “delivered” update on several packages I shipped to other people as their first acceptance scan. Caught the mailman and he said it will correct the next update it has...NOT literally had to go to PO to speak with manager who looked in his tracking system and showed the proper updates

Also seems the holidays are really screwing up deliveries all over right now

A guy I know mentioned to me that FedEx Home Delivery operates such that deliveries are made Tuesday—Saturday but not on Mondays (or Sundays, of course). You shipping pros know anything about that?

I have had a lot of packages delivered this Christmas season by all three major carriers. All have made it on time and in good condition. I was shocked yesterday when the FedEx driver actually rang my door bell when he dropped the package on my porch. Every other delivery was drop and run. Of course, in the past I have had damaged packages and I can not blame it on any one carrier. It just happens. You have to place the blame on a careless employee and not a company in general.

A guy I know mentioned to me that FedEx Home Delivery operates such that deliveries are made Tuesday—Saturday but not on Mondays (or Sundays, of course). You shipping pros know anything about that?

I was told by FedEx counter people years ago that Ground 'does not operate on weekends.' That means after Friday 5 pm. If you bring in a Ground package to ship at 5:30, because they're open till 6:30, they'll take it but it will go nowhere till Monday. I haven't heard of Sun-Mon as the off days, but that may have changed since then. The basic concept is still true, Ground don't go on weekends.

I was told by FedEx counter people years ago that Ground 'does not operate on weekends.' That means after Friday 5 pm. If you bring in a Ground package to ship at 5:30, because they're open till 6:30, they'll take it but it will go nowhere till Monday. I haven't heard of Sun-Mon as the off days, but that may have changed since then. The basic concept is still true, Ground don't go on weekends.

Agree on Ground. No weekends. What about Home Delivery? I dropped off a package Thursday mid-afternoon at my local FedEx shipping center and had them scan it. On asking when it would arrive three states away, I was told "Two business days." I gave the guy a dirty look and asked again when the package would arrive. He rolled his eyes and said "Monday." FedEx's own tracking (still) shows it arriving Saturday. Do they make this stuff completely opaque for any particular reason or just because they can (and their jobs suck)?

I don't really understand the difference between Ground and Home Delivery. If you log in a package and select Ground but the system thinks the address is residential, it wants you to change it to Home Delivery. They must have some kind of different rules for each but I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom