Feeling no pain...... YET!

Charlie

At Sea
Just got back from the dentist office. All of the left side of my face feels like it's missing! They really worked me over! Was in the chair for four hours.

Had one root canal, a wisdom tooth pulled, and a severe cleaning under the gums. Man, when those shots wear off, it'll be time to break out the Vicodin! Need to go back Thursday to get the right side cleaned.

Last time i was at the dentists office they said i needed my wisdom teeth pulled by looking at the xrays. they havent bothered me yet... But not something im looking forward to having done thats for sure..

Charlie, 1 hour before next visit take 2 Vicodin, it helps alot.
Last visit to the dentist here in town, he suggested to do that, pulled a bad tooth, did not feel one thing.
Was in "lala land" several hours after shoots + Vicodin. :p:

Charlie - I feel your pain. No fun... Thank god for vicodin! :p:

Haoleb - Just make sure you have them taken out while you're still young. When you get older it's a real bitch! I had serious complications with 2 of mine later in life. Fortunately I'll never have to go through that again. They're all out now.

mOOn

Well, the numbness is now gone and so far I only feel sore. I usually try to avoid taking medicine unless I am on my death bed. If it gets any worse than it is right now, I'll definately be taking some pills.

I go back in the morning so they can work on the other side. Won't take as long as it did today. The lady making the appointment said I was a brave soul. She said they usually let someone's mouth heal for a few days before doing more work. Being that they are waiting for me to come back to the ship, I kinda need to ge this taken care of now.

Originally posted by moondog
Haoleb - Just make sure you have them taken out while you're still young. When you get older it's a real bitch! I had serious complications with 2 of mine later in life. Fortunately I'll never have to go through that again. They're all out now.

mOOn

Good advice mOOn. I had to have all mine removed at the same time in my thirties - just about did me in. Had problems with cysts forming for several years after.

-Dave

Haoleb,

Go ahead and get those wisdom teeth pulled. If you wait, they could damage your others.

It was suggested four years ago that I should've had mine pulled. I was like you... they don't bother me, so don't bother them! Well, one of the problems I had today was due to a wisdom tooth being up against another. So, get 'em out if you can. Might save you some money and pain down the road!

Wisdom teeth

Hi Haoleb...

Don't know how old you are, but I put off having mine pulled until I was in my early 30's. Pure fear. I'd heard about afteraffects of the anesthetic, nausea, etc.

Finally I started having problems with one of them and went to the dentist. After he got through chastising me for my neglect and procrastination he he told me "you're not getting out of that chair until I make an appointment for you at the oral surgeon."

To get to the point, I'm sitting in the oral surgeon's big leather operating chair and we're talking. He asks "what's this crap about wanting a local anesthetic??" I explained what I had heard, and he said I'd been hearing old wives' tales. Besides, "you really don't want to be awake while I'm standing on your chest, slamming your head back and forth, with smoke coming out of your mouth".

Getting motivated yet?

Here's the bottom line...he's got a hypodermic in my arm with his thumb on the plunger. The nurses are bustling around the room setting up all the scary stainless steel tools, and he asks if I can feel anything yet. I said it was getting a little difficult to speak clearly, and one of the nurses leaned over and asked "are you ready to sit up now?"

It was completely over!!! Two hours of my life gone in an instant!! The surgeon gave me a prescription for pain medication, shoved his finger in my chest and said "listen up! You are going straight to a pharmacy, get this prescription filled, straight home, and take the first dose. If you wait until it starts to hurt before you take the first pill, you're going to be in serious trouble."

I took the pain pills for one day, switched to aspirin the second day, and never felt the slightest bit of pain, discomfort, or anything. It was amazingly easy.

Don't put it off! You'll be so glad you got it done. Your whole mouth will feel better. I'm not kidding!

Good luck!
Clay

I'm eighteen
And I don't know what I want
Eighteen
I just don't know what I want
Eighteen
I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin in outer space
Oh yeah

Seemed appropriate. ;)

you readin my mind or somethin?

Sigh. so true. soo many decisions to make that i keep putting off. Soo many things i need to do that im not doing. .

I actually had pink floyd-time in mind today. i just keep singing...

And you run and your run to catch up with the sun but its sinking. time is the same in a relative way but your older. shorter of breath and each day closer to death!

That's the spirit... get'em outta there!

BTW... my anesthetic wore off earlier and left me with a decent amout of soreness. I took one Aleve, and now I am fine. This is not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom