Fest fever!

Me too!
I've got just about everything ready to go. Just need to back the old Ford Windstar into the driveway tomorrow night and load her up. Just about 500 lbs of speakers (2 pairs) and a couple of 100 lbs more in gear. I just hope I have plenty of room for everything. :scratch2:

Retro

Yep, me too.
Spent the last days sorting through LPs for my swap table and figuring out what to drag over. Lucky for me I live a whole 10 minutes away!!

Going

I plan on going (!) with a friend from Royal Oak, which is close by. I was only there on Sunday last time and plan to get there Saturday and that may be less hectic and look forward to meeting as many as possible as last time I was overwhelmed to say the least.

I'm pumped! Not ready yet, though. Still trying to get all of the bits and pieces together. Can't wait!

Markus

Sounds like a freaking blast! Maybe next year.

Do the fests have a lot of vintage gear? Or is it mostly newer hi-fi?

piece-it pete said:
Sitting here at work I can't think of anything else - festfestfestfest.

Got it bad this morning - 7 more hours, and I'll go home and start loading the van :thmbsp:

piece-it pete said:
Sitting here at work I can't think of anything else - festfestfestfest.

Getting fired up?

I am!

:banana:

Pete

You betcha Pete! :banana:

I haven't had time to start packing yet, but thats what the last minute is for right :D

Except when it's in April.

:banana: Aww, who am I kidding, I want to start driving down there NOW!

I have to go to Grand Rapids first (which sucks), and then take the happy highway AKA I-96 all the way to Southfield, woo hoo!

Yeah, an' the Mighty Vols of Tennessee got Das Boot last night...Oh, well, they weren't supposed to be even able to make it as far as they did...

[cough]back on topic a bit[/cough] Sitting in Jax airport waiting for an 8:17 take-off. At this rate, I may sleep through the entire weekend.

Have a safe flight and see ya soon

Dave

Johncan said:
I just found out I can't go. Maybe next year. Have fun guys!

John

I'm sorry to hear it. This will be my first AK Fest, and only because strange circumstances have landed me temporarily in Royal Oak - I could nearly walk to the place. Who knew?

I will drink one in your honor.

It has to be held near where Grumpy lives, as the terms of his probation don't allow him to travel out of state. Ankle bracelet and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom