Finally - a Beatles LP

JDaniel

After a couple of years of searching for vinyl in my local thrift store and garage sales, I finally found my first Beatles lp - Beatles '65. The cover is in fair shape, but the vinyl is very good. Set me back and entire $1.48.

Other finds:

Michael Murphy - Flowing Free Forever

Glen Campbell - Greatest Hits (I think I just bought this same LP a couple of weeks ago - I'll have to check. I'm not a big G.C. fan, but Witchita Lineman makes this worth the $1.48).

The Great Bands - A Columbia Music Treasury (nice double LP, 48 songs from the likes of Tommy Dorsey, Cab Calloway, Buddy Clark, Count Basie, Duke Ellington).

Andy Williams - Greatest Hits

Don Williams - I Believe in You (how can you not like Don Williams?)

Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue

JD

Excellent score there Jeff. Yeah, a Beatles LP in a thrift is rare as hen's teeth :D :thmbsp:

-Dave

Wow, great find!

I havn't found a single Beatles album at the thrifts/garage sales yet, though at goodwill last sunday I bought over 60 discs - for $15.00! Tell me again, why do I buy vinyl?

I've got original Sgt. Peppers with inserts, still one of my all time favorite albums, on '65 my favorite (although I like a lot on there) is probably "Everyones' trying to be my baby", the story of my life - not! More like I'm a loser, now THAT'S something I can relate to! :D

Pete

Originally posted by piece-it pete
BTW, wasn't that the "baby butcher" album?

Pete, nope..that was "Yesterday and Today" which came a bit later.

Jeff, that appears to be the MONO jacket. Is it on a Capitol Rainbow label? If so, it IS very rare!

Originally posted by CELT
Jeff, that appears to be the MONO jacket. Is it on a Capitol Rainbow label? If so, it IS very rare!

Dan - yep - it's a Capitol Records Hi Fidelity recording.

JD

That is a PLUS in my book! I'll take good MONO release over bad STEREO any day of the week! The early Beatles material was recorded to four tracks and were intended to be mixed to mono only. Dave Dexter (here in the states) mastered them in stereo and sometimes added echo-echo-echo (She's A Woman) to the tracks, much to George Martin's dismay. Anyway, we used to call this "Beatle Stereo", meaning the vocals were on one side and the instruments were on the other. Okay for a console or portable and not so great for a good home system.

Just picked up the White Album for 50 cents after looking for it for a long time - on Apple..... bit scratchy but what the heck, it adds some flavour to it.

:cool: Cool...I still have "the white album" on Apple that's pressed on white vinyl. The poster and pics are still with it.

Last edited:
JD I feel like Homer on the Simpsons with drool comming out of my mouth...

Beatles.... AHHHHH Beatles.... AHHHHH .... Beatles

Back
Top Bottom