Finally a home for my equipment

sinnerboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've had my Sansui equipment hanging out on whatever would hold it, finally (courtesy of AK Barter town) got a suitable stand for it all. From top: Sansui SR-838 with AT VM540ML cartridge, TU-9900 Tuner, AU-20000 Integrated Amp, SE-7 equalizer and a Bluesound Vault. Sitting on the orphan Wharfedale W70d cabinet is an Akai GX630DB R2R, a KLH Burwen DN1201a and Meze Audio headphones. On the business end are a pair of Cerwin Vega Dx9 and Thiel CS 1.2 (I affectionately call Jeckyl and Hyde)
rack.jpg

speakers.jpg

The Vega's are much more efficient, you really have to feed the Thiels to get any volume. The Vega's get loud, real loud but not harsh. The Thiels have a more refined sound, but they are lacking in bass a bit (these are 'entry level' Thiels). With my listening environment, I prefer the Thiels, the Vega's deserve a bigger room and someone who can crank it every so often. I can't get my wife to leave the house, so my opportunities are limited.

The Vega's are much more efficient, you really have to feed the Thiels to get any volume. The Vega's get loud, real loud but not harsh. The Thiels have a more refined sound, but they are lacking in bass a bit (these are 'entry level' Thiels). With my listening environment, I prefer the Thiels, the Vega's deserve a bigger room and someone who can crank it every so often. I can't get my wife to leave the house, so my opportunities are limited.

Makes sense. I have Cerwin Vega VS-120's and they do like to be cranked. Or rather, I like them when they're cranked!

Your DX9's are monstrous. Mine are the model with the 12" woofers and still seem pretty big to me. I can only imagine filling a room with those 15"-ers.

Back
Top Bottom