Finally A Repalcement for the Superior Crate For Record Storage

thebes

(Hey guys I just posted this on the Klipsch Forum but know of your interest in all things record, I thought you'd like to know this because I don't think this info has been posted here yet.)

Records. They take up space and they are usually stacked sideways, which means you have to turn your end at an odd angle to read the very small print to see what record it is and end up with a crink in your neck. Or, you can do what record stores and hippies learned to do a long time ago, and that's place them in a box so you can flip through them.

Me I'm a flipper. As my collection grew I used old packing boxes, wooden crates and regular milk crates. All those storage vehicles had drawbacks. The boxes would rip, the wooden crates would split, and the milk crates left the top inch of the record exposed and weren't stackable.

So wallah, along comes The Container Store's Superior Crate, perfect for lps. Cheap, holds about a hundred, is high enough to protect the top of the records, and is stackable.

Then, like many loved objects, one day, a couple of years ago, The Container Store stops selling them . Boo! My collection continues to grow, my space keeps shrinking, the mounds grow and there's no cheap alternatives. What's a poor Thebes to do you ask? Well mostly fume and ponder I reply. But then one day as a tipsy mound of funk and soul finally topples to the floor, I go on what I presume will be another fruitless internet search.

But wallah! Deliverance is at hand. My faith in American entrepreneurship is renewed. Because there is a site called Milk Crates Direct (no I'm not making this up) and on the site is the Heavy Duty Super Crate, or S-Crates for short. And, get this, not only are they a bit larger than their demised Superior crate, they ship in a convenient 4 pack and come in over a dozen colors, thus allowing you to color code your record collection. As an added bonus they are made in America and can, in a pinch, also be used to store milk cartons!

Better yet, 10 buckaroos a pop rising to about $15 a piece with shipping.

Well faster than you can say , Paypal, they were on their way to the humble Thebes abode where they will be employed in the Great Re-Filing Undertaking of 2018-2019, due to begin almost any day now.

So how do you trump Superior. Why Super, of course.

In the pic it's Super on the Left and Superior on the right

Attachments

• supercrate (2).jpg
    supercrate (2).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom