Finally Got My Mitsubishi Receiver!

Montycat

Staff member
Subscriber
:D

I've been lusting after the Mitsubishi receivers and separates of the late 70's/early 80's for quite a while. I almost won an auction at a good price for a pre power and meter kit which would have gone well with the DA-F10 tuner I had. I say had, because large separates are not great for me in my small space, and managed to sell the tuner just last week.

The Mitsu receivers don't surface often around here so I jumped when I saw this one, the DA-R10. I love the tuner design and the 'rack handles for people who never will use a rack'...it isn't rack mountable but they look good.

I had to drive to Surrey to get it, which was out yesterday because of the snow, but the guy held it for me. $50 brought it home.

Cosmetically it is near mint, and so far it works flawlessly. The neat thing is the guy has had it since he was a kid, so maybe 20 or more years judging his age and maybe given to him by his dad. I might be the second owner outside of his family.

:banana:

6705475441_ba887fe495.jpg

Thanks guys! I think it's pretty sexy too. It also sounds great so far~

Here are some more photos. I got out the vacuum and the paint brush to scare out the bunnies first.

Last edited:
Hi Montycat, I have kept mine on looks alone, makes a great change from the other look-a-like Japanese models of the era. It's quite a big unit, with a bit of heft to it.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 155
I'm still trying to find a DA-R20 for my little collection. It's just such a shame that Mitsubishi went the way of many others in the 80's.

I hear you man. The DA-R20 would have been my choice too, had I been given one. I don't really need that extra power but the Moving Coil input, the pre-out main-in and better tuner are all nice features.

I am very happy with what I found though. It has been on my watch list for sometime.

Yep, I had one of those tuners until last week. The dial was larger on those, the DA-F10 and DA-F20. The F10 I had is a very good tuner and the F20 is considered a GREAT tuner.

This is the one I just sold:

Back
Top Bottom