Finally Here - New Vinyl Pressing in Detroit

Yeah , this is great news! FYI, if you are local they will be selling exclusive opening day event only records and the TMR collectors are already freaking out over them. If you want to make a quick couple of hundred bucks go pick them up and throw them up on the 'bay.

This is very exciting news. There is such a production log jam in vinyl right now that it is choking the growth of the format. A lot of people are clamoring for new stuff on vinyl.

Strange where I live here in Florida I don't see no rush to vinyl. The same records sitting on shelves as Barnes and Noble, Target had to give away their introductionary vinyl as no one was interested in them. I do see a few people at the thrifts going thru the stuff, they for the most part they have no interest other than flipping thiem.

Please let us know if they offer tours, I'm in.

Not sure if I would consider it a rush but the local record store always has customers and added a vintage audio showroom. It use to be 90% used now it's 50% new albums.

Please let us know if they offer tours, I'm in.

The article mentioned a guided tour on opening day that's already sold out, but that more might be offered in the future. At any rate, views of the printing presses can be seen through some large windows at the back of the store. Let's you peer in on the process.

My brother, sister and a few friends are going. I'm still deciding. It would be pretty cool to spin a record pressed on the same day.

As much as I like Jack White musically and appreciate his efforts and initiatives in the world of vinyl,the copy of Lazaretto I purchased was probably the worst piece of shit I have ever seen or heard,and is a disgrace to the record industry.

If you want to turn off the next generation or convince the old guys that vinyl is truly a dead medium not worth revisiting,this would do it. I firmly believe this disc was pressed from genuine,recycled plastic garbage cans,probably on site at the city dump as well.

Straight out of the sealed wrapper: filthy,fingerprints,a hair,and even after several cleanings on my vacuum rcm,enough surface noise to render this disc unlistenable,even if the poor sound quality doesn't make you Frisbee it first.

Unfortunately,I put it aside unopened (yeah,that was stupid!) for a couple of months while I finished some work on my turntable.Too late to return.Lesson learned:mad:

As much as I like Jack White musically and appreciate his efforts and initiatives in the world of vinyl,the copy of Lazaretto I purchased was probably the worst piece of shit I have ever seen or heard,and is a disgrace to the record industry.

If you want to turn off the next generation or convince the old guys that vinyl is truly a dead medium not worth revisiting,this would do it. I firmly believe this disc was pressed from genuine,recycled plastic garbage cans,probably on site at the city dump as well.

Straight out of the sealed wrapper: filthy,fingerprints,a hair,and even after several cleanings on my vacuum rcm,enough surface noise to render this disc unlistenable,even if the poor sound quality doesn't make you Frisbee it first.

Unfortunately,I put it aside unopened (yeah,that was stupid!) for a couple of months while I finished some work on my turntable.Too late to return.Lesson learned:mad:

yeah man , that one is kind of a dud, I think they focused way to much on all the gimmicks and the sound of the record really suffered. It's a shame. On the other hand , his latest acoustic album sounds great!

Strange where I live here in Florida I don't see no rush to vinyl. The same records sitting on shelves as Barnes and Noble, Target had to give away their introductionary vinyl as no one was interested in them. I do see a few people at the thrifts going thru the stuff, they for the most part they have no interest other than flipping thiem.
It's probable bigger in some areas than others. I've watched or scanned a lot of youtube videos on vinyl for several years and there is definitely a HUGE increase on sales the last couple of years. In fact, sales of new vinyl is now where it was in 1991. Every year it matches a date further and further back in history.

If sales ever matche the days before CD's were released to the public it would be a big deal, and also a miracle. But every industry wold envy the growth this industry has seen the last five years.

Might have to do with the workers in Detroit. Some areas of the country are hard to find workers that not only are capable, want to work, or even employable based on horrendous results when doing a back ground check. A while back I was talking to some HR staffs that were trying to fill some positions and out of hundreds of applications they claimed that on back ground checks alone only two of them were employable. And it sure seems to get worse as the years go by. Most of the good hard working workers already possess jobs.

Well I decided to stay home and take care of a couple things. My sister and brother and their spouses are there now. They got there around 930-10 and are still in line (wrapped around building and cold and windy/rainy) says my brother. He says he heard there they are limiting you to one copy of each special release today (White Stripes, Stooges, MC5). He said he will take pics of the plant and equipment if allowed. If he gets some I will post them

Back
Top Bottom