Finally making my first post!

jmbarr805

Hello to everyone on AK!

In the past year to year and a half I have found a passion for audio. I started out with searching for vinyl with my girlfriend and in doing so I collected a few myself but had nothing at home to play them on. So being the cheap-skate that I am, I found an Allegro Console by Zenith for free on CL. The BSR didn't spin and the 8-track was a bit sticky but I got them both cleaned up and sure enough it played! After fixing that console I was hooked and now I find most of my turntables, receivers and speakers "as is" and bring them back to life.

So with that being said I was actually lucky enough to come across a pair of MASSIVE Cerwin Vega Series 2000-12 for trade. They had some wear and tear but all drivers are intact and play. I am seeking any information I can find for these: specs, owner/service manual and if anyone has listened to these what is your opinion? I have a list of my collection if anyone is interested but as of now my set up consists of a Pioneer PL-12D, Onkyo TX-4500 MKII and Cerwin Vega Series 2000-12's.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Welcome to AK, jmbarr805. Regardless of what people may say about them, Cerwin Vega's have been a leading brand in low frequency reproduction for decades for a reason. Be sure to pop in a pair of foam plugs if you turn up the volume on the 4500 MKII with 55 clean wpc. Some quick research led me to the fact that it provides excellent stereo separation, permits the connection of three pairs of speakers, and three tape inputs if that's your sort of thing. Enjoy!

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Yep. Done got bit by the Vint Bug... big time! And a fixer upper to boot.:thumbsup:

You're a fit.

Q

Back
Top Bottom