Finally pulled the trigger!

kaplang

Works for me !
Ten years ago at the age of 55 I got a flier dropped off on my door step for music lessons. Called the instructor up and sighed up for a 1 hour class every Monday night to learn to read music and play classical guitar. Have been taking the lessons ever sense.

In the past couple of years I have wanted to get a Jose Ramirez 1A classical. Probably one of the best nylon string guitars made but I am sure not everyone will agree because their are a lot of fine classical guitars out there. The 1As I have seen and played have been out of my price range but one showed up on EBay a week ago at a very reasonable price with a make offer. It had several watchers but no takers. The guitar has a saddle pickup installed and that is not common for a 1A. In fact it is not the model Ramírez you would want to put a pick and I think it scared off the purists. It doesn’t effect the tone but it does effect the value and collectability of which I don’t care about. Well, I made an offer and it was excepted. It has been paid for and now I have to patently wait for it to arrive. I am very excited.
A Luthier friend I have will be removing the pickup and putting the bridge and saddle back the way it was origionally after I get it.
It’s a 1974 that was built under José Ramírez III

Can’t wait!

You can buy the instrument, lessons and music but you can’t buy the practice.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! The Ramirez was one that I always wanted but couldn't afford. That and the fact that my "classical" skills are sketchy at best.:D
The fact that you sought out an instructor and are learning to read are great. A good instructor can really expedite the learning process as long as the student does their part.

Congratulations!! The Ramirez was one that I always wanted but couldn't afford. That and the fact that my "classical" skills are sketchy at best.:D
The fact that you sought out an instructor and are learning to read are great. A good instructor can really expedite the learning process as long as the student does their part.

I always refer to my playing as mediocre at best. It just a hobby and I enjoy the practic and playing for friends on occasion. The Ramirez was something I wanted to have before shuffling off this mortal coil and decided to fit one in my budget. It’s the last guitar I will buy.

I also wanted to build a guitar which is something I managed to do about 8 years ago at a 2 week Guitar Luthering workshop in Sabastapol Ca. A lot more work went into building one then I imagined. Enjoyed building it but I will never build another

Came home with this.
3692C4DA-CB1D-4D63-A2C8-4DF15318320D.jpeg
DA01004A-850C-4B33-8635-48E5EF83CC79.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom