Finding Equipment in England

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by Turnip, Jun 27, 2017.

1. cpt_paranoia

cpt_paranoia Well-Known Member

Turnip likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. cpt_paranoia

Not quite sure whether you meant "don't bother with Bracknell", or "put Bracknell in a skip".

Either meaning would probably be good advice...

3. Bob

Bob AK Subscriber Subscriber

nothing I could find there during weekdays. could have night markets, etc

stick with known sites.

4. cpt_paranoia

I was having a bit of a dig at Bracknell...

5. Bob

Bob AK Subscriber Subscriber

me, too. love the roundabouts, taken FAST.

6. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Is Freecycle still going ? I used to get some stuff off there.

Definitely Cash Converters / Generators, Ive had killer deals from them when they have no idea what they are selling and just guess the price. I got a Canon macro ring flash, worth about £400, from a shop in Wakefield for £80 - www as pretty happy with that :)

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

That's the kind of place to get involved with, it worked for me. I discovered that the largest charity shop in my city has a central warehouse where all the donations go - a hub, if you will. I also discovered that hub has sales direct from the warehouse on certain days. I went along to a sale and saw a few crappy speakers, so I asked a worker if they had anything else. He introduced me to the guy who did all the electrical testing, who showed my behind the scenes in the warehouse. Oh boy, it was like Aladdin's cave in there, I found Pioneer receiver, Technics turntables (including an SL10), tons of cassette decks, Arcam stuff, several pairs of vintage speakers.

After a chat, the guy said they had a ton of computer gear that they didn't know how to test. I jumped on that, offered to test and clean it all and now I'm a regular there who gets a little insight into when the 'good stuff' is about to drop because I get to go behind the scenes. I also buy a lot of stuff they would otherwise throw out, because they don't repair anything but I can :)

cpt_paranoia likes this.
  8. Turnip

Turnip Member

My experience with physical markets has been poor. However general 2nd hand shops have their moments, seen the odd decent thing in my local cash generator, but anything worth getting seems to go fast. Wonder if it's just my area.

Still ebay has been the best for me, at least you can just save a local search and keep checking back, just have to scroll through a lot of crap.

Thanks for this, there's some good stuff there. Is there a way to save this to my eBay account for easy checking?

ben_ likes this.