Finished! Kegger-designed SE EL84 monoblocks

Hello,

I am also very much interested in building these.. Since I am very new to diy, would it be possible to post a full parts list, the final schematics (also for the power supply) and any suggestions?
Currently my set has 2 PP EL84 amps, but the SE version looks very interesting to me for some time already.

Appreciated!

Sincerely,

Gaston

Hi @Gastoned

I repaired some of the broken photo links in this thread.

Generally speaking, the parts selection isn't critical as long as the parts you use are the same values as seen in the schematic. The circuit and the power supply schematics are both posted here in the thread, and I don't think I deviated from the values at all. If I were to build these again (and I intend to someday!), I would use different parts - different brands, mostly, as available - to get to the same end. This build took place some years ago, and some of the parts I used then aren't readily available anymore (the Output Transformers, for example)

Welcome to Audiokarma, by the way!

Nate

Hi @Gastoned

I repaired some of the broken photo links in this thread.

Generally speaking, the parts selection isn't critical as long as the parts you use are the same values as seen in the schematic. The circuit and the power supply schematics are both posted here in the thread, and I don't think I deviated from the values at all. If I were to build these again (and I intend to someday!), I would use different parts - different brands, mostly, as available - to get to the same end. This build took place some years ago, and some of the parts I used then aren't readily available anymore (the Output Transformers, for example)

Welcome to Audiokarma, by the way!

Nate
Your reply is much appreciated!
What transformers could, or rather should replace them?
My speakers are 16 ohm. Not a problem to use trafo's with 16 ohm taps..?

Gaston

Back
Top Bottom