Finished watching “The Punisher” a masterpiece!

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Took this series in small doses. This is without any doubt one of the greatest dark dramas that I have ever seen. Frank Castle
(Jon Bernthal) is a totally believable character. We have seen stories like this from Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jean-Claude Van Damme but their characters were cartoonish. Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle had me thinking all through the series that there are people like this in the world in special forces you never hear about. No speeches, no posing, Frank reminds me of a character in the Japanese Anime Escaflowne, Prince Van “I kill all of My Enemies”. Jon Bernthal’s realization of PTSD was completely believable. Because of the brooding nature of Frank and the silences it needed a good supporting soundtrack but one that didn’t intrude Tyler Bates did a masterful job of doing just that. I am very happy they finished series the closure at the end was final no happy ending just a life to endure.

I really liked it too. My only small quibble was the plausibility of being able to come back after getting beaten so severely. Personally, I'd be laying on the ground in a coma. ;)

But most of the "superhero" type shows are like this, so it's no worse than many others that do the same.

If there's another season, I'd definitely be in.

One problem I have always had with these sort of shows is you have a pitched gun battle going on and there are no police rolling in in huge numbers instantly.

Reading a review. The critic was gassing about The Punisher lacks the dark humor of other Marvel shows. If you want dark humor go to a DC superhero movie and in the dark of the theater think about the joke of a movie you are watching.

Haven't seen it, tho did see both Equalizers.

Otherwise, have had problems with similar scenarios with chaotic mayhem going unnoticed by all and sundry, just another day. There's only so much suspension of reality before it doesn't work.

Took this series in small doses. This is without any doubt one of the greatest dark dramas that I have ever seen. Frank Castle
(Jon Bernthal) is a totally believable character. We have seen stories like this from Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jean-Claude Van Damme but their characters were cartoonish. Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle had me thinking all through the series that there are people like this in the world in special forces you never hear about. No speeches, no posing, Frank reminds me of a character in the Japanese Anime Escaflowne, Prince Van “I kill all of My Enemies”. Jon Bernthal’s realization of PTSD was completely believable. Because of the brooding nature of Frank and the silences it needed a good supporting soundtrack but one that didn’t intrude Tyler Bates did a masterful job of doing just that. I am very happy they finished series the closure at the end was final no happy ending just a life to endure.

I was not a fan of Jon Bernthal at all prior to The Punisher. On board now though, what a ride!

Added to list, even though I saw it on there. I started to get burnt out with the Marvel series on NF, they got a little cheesy/corny.

Added to list, even though I saw it on there. I started to get burnt out with the Marvel series on NF, they got a little cheesy/corny.
I reviewed the Punisher in the comic books and like all of the other Marvel live action productions they are true to the comic books. The Punisher is a Juggernaut of brutal death and merciless destruction.

9D2DBF1B-A871-4509-BCAF-4B90C54F6F2F.jpeg

Last edited:

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, both Netflix, had excellent first seasons. The second seasons though...

Jessica Jones Works Out Mommy Issues was likely the working title for the second and Luke Cage I made past 2 eps and stopped watching.

Not sure what happened to either of them. My wife said don't even bother for Iron Fist so it shall remain a mystery.

Here's hoping they don't screw up The Punisher for its next outing.

Marvel was criticized about Iron Fist which I also thought was a real Turkey. But it was pointed out like the other Marvel characters they made the character to match his comic persona. The problem with some of these characters is the flamboyant artwork in the comics does make it to a live action TV series.

Jessica jones ended well, even the second season decent. The Defenders was also a good series, although they could have done without the iron fist character.

The three best are JJ, Daredevil, and Punisher.

Just finished.
I’d watch another season.
Some of the acting was forced which I had a hard time getting through at times.

Back
Top Bottom