finished with protection board,but now this...

Chuck. The only difference between the KSA992FBTA and the KSA992FBU is packaging, and price ($.02 each difference). TA = TAPE Mounting for machine loading, BU = BULK (goody grab bag). Use the FBU's.

I thought I had all of the caps to finish up the phono board today but was short a few. I changed out the transistors and the crackling and popping is gone. Thanks to everyone who has helped me hone my newbie skills on this SX850! This has been a great learning platform and the receiver sounds great. I still have a little hissing noted on the phono stages but I think the new caps will take care of that. Other than a new bulb for the Sp- A light,everything is up and running. I,ll hook up a turntable tomorrow to verify the phono is working. I have to say, I could have bought an 850 already up and running but its a great feeling knowing I was able to revive one and bring it back to life! Chuck

Chuck; Does the 850 have an acrylic "light bar" across the top, with 3-4 lamps pushed into the bar? If so take off the top, and use some 3M #77(I think it is) spray adhesive on the inside front and smooth down a piece of Aluminium foil about 6" deep by the width of the top to the front of the top. 1.) it'll reflect back into the light bar, and 2. help knock some of the heat down from the lamps onto the top.

Thanks Larry, I think it is the acrylic bar. I,ll do the foil when I finish up the Phono caps!
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom