Fire Dave Roberts

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by tubed, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

In the old days, the starter always had the opportunity to finish the inning as long as the tying run was at the plate. Hill had thrown only 91 pitches and had just struck out his last batter. Bullpen was gassed from 12 innings of relief the night before. And yet Roberts brought in another lefthander to replace the lefthanded Hill. Then Roberts brings in Madson who has allowed seemingly all inherited runners to score. Makes zero sense.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Don't disagree. Wonder if they will keep Kinsler next year.

3. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

The last time they met in the world series Babe Ruth pitched a complete 15 inning game for the Sox, I think they should make all pitchers pitch full games the pussies, no relief pitching at all ROFLMFAO.

cartop likes this.
  4. cartop

cartop Super Member

So who wins tonight? I'm a Sox fan so you know what I would prefer, a win, but I think LA will hang in there and have to come back to Boston. I keep thinking how the Sox came back to beat the Yankees after being down 3 games to none and that the Dodgers are a very talented team so you just never know. I would love to see them just end it tonight because I am not sure the old ticker can take much more.....:)

Grenadeslio likes this.
  5. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

To their credit, the Red Sox are very good and doing what it takes to win, however, to me, they looked beatable this series.

6. IPADave

IPADave Which one's Pink? Subscriber

As a Red Sox fan I will always be a Dave Roberts fan. That being said, I think that he's too much of a stats guy. He micromanages. He needs to listen to his heart more. Alex Cora is a stats guy too, but goes with his gut just a bit more. It has been an interesting series.

-Dave

Grenadeslio likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. tubed

tubed Lunatic Member

8. Dave1384

Dave1384 Stuck in the 70's

Sam is right.
    One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. Must be..wait for it...' analytics' at work.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  9. bashman

bashman AK Subscriber Subscriber

This just in...
    After six consecutive years of reaching the playoffs and failing to win a World Series title, the ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers are looking into relocating the team, which moved from Brooklyn to Los Angeles in 1958. In what would be MLB's first expansion into Asia, Dodger owners are considering the Philippines as their new home. The team would also be renamed as the Manila Folders.

Dave1384, cartop and Grenadeslio like this.