Firesign Theatre Weirdly Cool

You don't have to wear a clock around your neck to know what time it is at Bob's. Your car is as welcome as you are. (Bob's Bazerko Lounge that is, under the telephone pole in the exclusive Multi-Mart Shopping Center).

NARRATOR: Los Angeles, he walks again by night. Out of the fog, into the smog. (cough) Relentlessly, ruthlessly (NICK: I wonder where Ruth is), doggedly (woof woof), toward his weekly meeting with the unknown. At Fourth and Drucker he turns left. At Drucker and Fourth he turns right. He crosses MacArthur Park and walks into a great sandstone building (NICK: ooh - my nose). Groping for the door (ring) he steps inside (ring) climbs the thirteen steps to his office (ring). He walks in (ring). He's ready for mystery (ring). He's ready for excitement (ring). He's ready for anything (ring). He's... (answers phone)

NICK: "Nick Danger, third eye."

CALLER: "I want to order a pizza to go and no anchovies."

NICK: "No anchovies? You've got the wrong man. I spell my name Danger!" (HANGS UP).

CALLER: "What?"

Jim

Jim Eck said:

NARRATOR: Los Angeles, he walks again by night. Out of the fog, into the smog. (cough) Relentlessly, ruthlessly (NICK: I wonder where Ruth is), doggedly (woof woof), toward his weekly meeting with the unknown. At Fourth and Drucker he turns left. At Drucker and Fourth he turns right. He crosses MacArthur Park and walks into a great sandstone building (NICK: ooh - my nose). Groping for the door (ring) he steps inside (ring) climbs the thirteen steps to his office (ring). He walks in (ring). He's ready for mystery (ring). He's ready for excitement (ring). He's ready for anything (ring). He's... (answers phone)

NICK: "Nick Danger, third eye."

CALLER: "I want to order a pizza to go and no anchovies."

NICK: "No anchovies? You've got the wrong man. I spell my name Danger!" (HANGS UP).

CALLER: "What?"

Jim
IIRC, the phone call he answers is placed from another album. :D

"Our next famous fall guy is still putting his art in cans from Canada to Kashmir. Winner of the Academy's Good Sport Award in 1956 for Excellence in Hollywood, meet George Leroy Tirebiter."

I even began to hear things......."I'll never forgive you,Nick"......."Keep your nose out of police business Danger",,,,,,,"May I take your hat and goat, sir?"......."What about my pickle!?!?" Aaaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhhh!

(Strange how I can recite this stuff by heart, but can't remember my own cellphone number.....)

Oh, how can you be in two places at once when your really no where at all? Hmmmm, did we pass a gas station? No, but the fox did, squeeze him again and see if he'll pass another...................Its off to the Winter Palace! Here, let me lay a stick of sandlewood incence on you, made it out of my own sandles, no, no, no, let me light it for you! Wsssssooop! Which way did they go? Anybody know where I am?

Oh, how can you be in two places at once when your really no where at all? Hmmmm, did we pass a gas station? No, but the fox did, squeeze him again and see if he'll pass another...................Its off to the Winter Palace! Here, let me lay a stick of sandlewood incence on you, made it out of my own sandles, no, no, no, let me light it for you! Wsssssooop! Which way did they go? Anybody know where I am?

"Come in out of the cornstarch..... why don't you put your mucklucks over by the cellophane where they'll dry?"
I thought the coolest thing about them was that nothing was overdubbed, all done in real time, just like live radio used to be. Now let me just flick this little chromium switch........

I love the DVD that started this mess, I have seen a couple of others are avalable, I will probably have to get them also now.

"Why without your clothes Miss Dudely you're naked", "Aaaa Miss Violet Dudely"

Jim

In order for a rat to eat, it must chew..
Geshuntite!
Of course! Geshuntite Dankeshein, the ships Prussian captian!

Papoon, Papoon for President!
There is no one to Blame!
Papoon for our chief President!
You Know He's not Insane

Jim

"That's OK, I brought my Erector Set!"

"Throw a towel over it, Pablo."

"Do some push-ups, maybe it'll go away".

ozmoid said:
"That's OK, I brought my Erector Set!"

"Throw a towel over it, Pablo."

"Do some push-ups, maybe it'll go away".

sorry......I gotta correct you:smoke:

That's Ok, I brought an erector set

Throw a towel over it!

Do some pushups Pablo, Maybe it will go away

Back
Top Bottom