1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

First foray into headphones - Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

Discussion in 'Headphones' started by Markoneswift, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Hey all,

OK so the Momentum 2.0 may not be the be-all and end-all of the headphone world but our local electronics store has them on 'cyber Monday sale' today 82% off ! Normally $398 NZ ( for the on-ear model) I picked up my pair for $65 !! I mean, for that price it would be rude not to !!

cratz2 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Silentnet

Silentnet AK Subscriber Subscriber

Damn man. What's shipping to the southeast US? I might need you to go get me a pair. That's a steal.

As you say, by no means an 'end game' headphone, but for that, can't argue at all. They're certainly pretty, and Sennheiser is not in the habit of making trash.

Markoneswift likes this.
  3. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Unfortunately it's a 'one unit per customer' deal so can't help you out my friend. I will report back on how they sound - I suppose I will be disappearing down the headphone amp rabbit hole next !

4. luckybaer

luckybaer n00b

What a great deal! Congrats!

I'm interested in your impressions. I don't need another set of 'phones (boy, is that an understatement), but the 'phones you just picked up have always interested me. I've thought about getting them as a gift for one of my boys or my wife.

5. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I had a pair for a while, and when I used them with my iMac I used the EQ on iTunes to smooth out the bass. Like wise when I used them with my stereo system my pre amp has a graphic EQ so the same adjust meant them just right. I am using 598 SE now, the midrange is a little more forward and the high more relaxed, but the most important thing is they are so much more comfortable to wear for long periods. So using Inner ear as a reference and my Stax lambda's I adjust the EQ's to give the sound I prefer when used with the computers. Other wise I use my Stax and Signet electrostatic headphones connected to the Stereo system.