First Listen Sansui AU-20000

i don't mind neither , but it gets frustrating when I connected it as Pre-Amp. needed to turn it to 3 o'clock! to hear loud . on the other pre-amp I have , with the same power amp , 9 o'clock and things start moving around.

Congrats! Beautiful piece of Vintage Integrated high end with highly adjustable Moving Coil Cartridge inputs I'm sure.:scratch2:

Happy Holidays,
Jim

Very subtle Jim....!! Yes has good adjustable phono inputs.

Sent from my XT925

One thing bothers me : need to turn the volume to 11-12 o'clock to start hearing 'bit loud'
Lower than that sounds low dramaticLy
Any other owner feels this way too ?

AU-20000 volume control is linear. You are comparing it to others which used logarithmic volume controls. They both end up as loud in the end but you need to turn linear volume knob more. When you realize its normal it no longer feels weird.

AU-20000 being fully refurbed

The amplifier is currently with our resident Sansui guru for a restoration. Will post listening impressions when the work is completed...

very nice ,i have owned most of the Sansui integrated amps except this one .

i did love my AU-919 but if i ever get the chance at one of these i would love to have one.

Yeah nice one it is. I'm thinking of having a glass or perspex lid made for it. Maybe with a slight tint....

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

The amplifier is currently with our resident Sansui guru for a restoration. Will post listening impressions when the work is completed...

Would that be EW?

Ha!! Funny you ask. Its been with my technician for some time. It's due to be completed by the end of February. Total recap and service.. I'll post once I get it back...

What a loverly BEAST...I just want one...
I can imagine sitting in the dark just looking at its VU meters glowing at me...nice...

Back
Top Bottom