First Pic Post

This is the SX-1250 I just finished. Broken faceplate glass, tuning knob shaft bent, tuner string busted, generally messed-up. It is back together after an overhaul and sounds great with my CS-63DXs and CS-99s. I still need to replace a couple of pots, but I am very satisfied with this baby.

Looks fantastic! The SX-1250 looks like new in the pic, good job. Whats the TT?

The framing parts are in the pic- thanks! now I just need your controls and hopefully you can find the balance pot as well. The TT is a PL-50.

ah.... Vintage bliss !!! :yes:

Very nice setup Steve... looks like a great spot for spending some quality time !!! :thmbsp:

Very nice setup!
I didn´t realize how huge the CS-63DX are - super :thmbsp:

The PL-50 also seems to be very heavy :smoke:

How does the PL-50 sound. I have one that is in need of a rebuild. I was wondering if it is worth it? I have other decks, so it would need to be very nice to get me to work on it. Most definitely it is a big ass beast.

VinylHanger, if your PL-50 doesn't require anything too crazy to get it running, I would put the time/money/effort to get it running. It is a very nice table. I got one about a month ago, and am very happy with it's overall excellent quality. The wood veneer base is beautiful.

Steve, how do those CS-99's compare to the CS-63dx's? I've got the 63dx, which is an awesome speaker that's LOUDER than anything I've got. Never heard the 99's though. Nice rig.

VinylHanger said:
How does the PL-50 sound. I have one that is in need of a rebuild. I was wondering if it is worth it? I have other decks, so it would need to be very nice to get me to work on it. Most definitely it is a big ass beast.

I would definitley get it working. Mine is solid as a rock, excellent counter wieght adjustment and operatesd smoothly. I don't have a higher end TT to compare but it is the better of my PL-516 belt and my Sansui 33 DD TT.

Steve, how do those CS-99's compare to the CS-63dx's? I've got the 63dx, which is an awesome speaker that's LOUDER than anything I've got. Never heard the 99's though. Nice rig.[/QUOTE]

The 99's have a 15 inch woofer as do the 63s so you can imagine the bottom end of these babies together. I definitely like them better when both are playing. They seem like a perfect match to the SX-1250 and most who have listened agree it sounds incredible. They also seem to catch the highs and mids well too. I am very pleased with the way this system seemed to fit.

Back
Top Bottom