First Prototype Metregon in San Francisco

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by Johnny_Law, May 13, 2018.

1. Johnny_Law

Johnny_Law AK Member Subscriber

Not affiliated in any way with this, but wow what a piece of history. I'm tempted to reach out to ask about the seller's father - as he mentions in the ad, bought the rights to the JBL name with Bill Thomas.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/jbl-metregon-speaker-system/6587582730.html

"This Metregon speaker system was my Father's. My Father was one of the two founding partners. Together with Bill Thomas of JBL-when Thomas bought the rights to the name from Lansing. This was the first prototype with the maple veneer made specifically for my father which later became one of the standard finishes offered. This is their top of the line system with all original woofers, tweeters and crossovers. This system preceded the Paragon three oval system which was introduced a few years later. It is in excellent condition with the exception of a dark water mark on the top where my mother placed a vase of flowers and some minor missing laminate on a side. Photos show specifics of back of cabinet."

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Marine0811

Marine0811 I love it loud! Subscriber

3. savatage1973

savatage1973 Addicted Member

Nice piece of history, if the story behind it can be confirmed, and the price is not unreasonable IMO.