mymonkey

So, i did my first refoam job on a Pioneer CS A500 tweeters and it was relatively simple. Cleaned them up, centered the surrounds as close as i could get them and glued them up, gasket and all. Not a bad job i think . Now, can anyone give me an opinion of these speakers. I will listen to the finished product tomorrow but im interested in some new opinions about these speakers. I would only use these as a B set of speakers but my first reaction is, they sound decent, look great and seem to be well made. Don't know anything about the quality of the horns or the three channel capabilities these things have. Research is mixed opinions but i got mine for $25 and i have another $20 into tweeter surrounds. Thinking about gifting these to a friend with a vintage Pioneer setup, low watt's. Anyway, a response would be greatly appreciated.

I have not heard those speakers, but they look cool, and seem well regarded, though a bit rare.

They are high sensitivity, and so should be great for your friend with few watts.

A pretty nice pair of vintage Pioneer speakers. Looking at pics I seem to remember a friend having a pair, or something very similar, and them sounding pretty nice as long as they weren't pushed hard. Definitely not for head bangers. Wired for tri-amping but not rated for a lot of wattage.

I think they are rated at 50 watts. One of the Pioneers had a loose speaker wire post and I had it touched up at my favorite tech... favorite because he didn't charge me :), and he'a a good guy. I had them connected via "two channel" wiring but I wanted them to be 100%. Listening to them full range right now and they sound nice. Not a lot of low end but that is expected. Overall a bright sound at medium volume. I'm not a head banger. for the $40 i have invested i think they hit the spot. Still hoping to move these on to a friend or one of my kids as a gift. The boxes and grills look awesome. Basically over size book shelf's but not too big for stands. Cool vintage circa early 1970's.

Back
Top Bottom