First recap

silver faced

Im going in deep boys and girls ! Got a very nice looking KA-7100 for 10bucks a few weeks ago with some other stuff. Time to get me cherry popped so to speak . It has 3 bad leaking caps. I have read Leesonics post, and it was a great read and gave me enough info to dive in. I matched all CAPS in my amp to his list and all but one matched and it was a replacement so will follow Lees guide. My only issue is what do foil CAPS do , and should i change out the transisters also..You all are the bomb and thanks to Grumpy for putting this site together the knowledge is awesome

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
Looking good. If you don't have any kind of current limiter, search for Dim Bulb Tester and read about them. It'll help protect the unit from major failures in case something goes wrong as you're moving through your recap.

Looking good. If you don't have any kind of current limiter, search for Dim Bulb Tester and read about them. It'll help protect the unit from major failures in case something goes wrong as you're moving through your recap.
Thanks for that, I have saw threads and will go to hardware store to get the socket i have everything else.

Got my DLB rig all set thanks for that reminder

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom