First yardsale of season and...score!

SixCats!

Hi all,

Today (my first yardsale of the season), I hit pay dirt. I bought a vintage Technics SL-D3 Turntable with Stanton
Cartridge in very good condition for $10.00
I am spinning LP's again! I think this TT is circa 79-80.
It is a direct drive TT and seems to work just fine.
It was in storage for a long time so after a little clean up,
I hooked her up to the HK and Thiels and it sounds pretty
good. Anyone know anything about this TT? Thanks.

SixCats!

Hey fun! Spinning LPs again eh? Good for you. For 10 bucks you can't go wrong. I don't know all so much about that table SixCats but I do know that with a little attention you can make that table sound exceptional. Usually when I buy used vintage tables I always at least replace the stylus. Typically they are very worn in and extreamly dirty. Stylus is cheap, worth it to me. Get a nice solid, level surface for that TT and clean the records as best you can. The biggest noise maker you have is dust. Personally I have a GREAT time playing with all the tweaks it takes to really get vinyl to sing. Gone as far as investing in various tools needed to properly calibrate a tone arm. I CAN'T WAIT for my Thorens to hit next week. It's gonna be tweak heaven LOL! :D

Way to go Catmandu,

Love those Technics TT's. I have an SL-230 from 1979 myself. I am the original owner. Technics sure made a bunch of TT's. Not all bad really. Enjoy! Vinyl is cool.

Sl-D3

http://members.tripod.com/rwoz/main.htm
Couldn't find much on that Technics, however the guy at the above link has a pretty sweet set-up which incorporates the SL-D3. Everthing else I found was in German or Italian (which was Greek to me).
I did however find a pic. Is this your unit?

Nice to see that there are other Yard sale raiders out there.
They're the best place to find great vintage cheap, it just takes perserverance and time.
Matt

Yes, I like Technics TT's also. Still have the SL-D2 I got for my 16th B'day in December '79. There are usually several of these SL-D models on Ebay- you can read thru the descriptions there posted by the Sellers to become better acquainted with the features of the various models, SL-D1, D-2, D-3 etc... Oh- I suggest being careful when lifting up the dustcover-> those two hinged bracket thingys in the back have a tendency to break off with time.

Back
Top Bottom