Fisher 100 FM Radio

747jet

Hi everyone! I am a new member with Audiokarma and I thought a good way to break the ice would be to post a message! I found the site looking for some information about the Fisher 100 FM Radio, I mention in the subject line. I am a retired service technician and never really did much with the collectable electronics, but, have found them to be interesting and enjoyably time consuming, since I retired. I found this site and stated reading a few of the posts and it looks like there are a lot of very knowledgeable members out there. I have a feeling I will be visiting quite frequently!

Anyway. for my question. Does anybody out there have any knowledge about the Fisher 100 radio I have referenced? It's kind of a strange beast, although it seems to be constructed quite well. It has a 5 push button pre-set tuning assembly (same idea as the old car radios) and a nice wood cabinet. The one I found has some problems with the pre-set tuning (I am not familiar with this repair and need some input if anyone knows) It also has a couple of other problems, of which are not too serious, I believe. I am wondering what would be a fair price to pay for this radio in the condition described. Also, if anybody knows... what would be the approximate value of this radio working and in good condition. I found a picture of the exact radio and could post a url for it if that would be helpful. Any information or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I'm off to read some more postings.. so hope to be seeing more of all of you in the future!

I know the FM-100 tuner, but this is not a model I know off the top of my head. This is a table radio, is it?

If it's pre-1960s, take a look here:
http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Fisher/fisher.htm

I know that, in the late-1960s, Fisher made a series of components with Varactor tuners with presets. I have a very little information on these in the form of some old catalogs I can peruse. I'll post a scan if I find anything.

Yeah, it's a table radio.

And a cute little thing it is (see piccie). It came out in the late 60's/early 70's and was cut from he came cloth as the KLH Model 8 radios (and such) of the same basic design, albiet sans pushbuttons.

As for the OP, sorry, I can't offer any advice on getting it fixed but I think it used the same basic tuner as their 160, 250 and other receivers of that same era.

Attachments

• fisher_100.jpg
    fisher_100.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 75
Yes Mhardy, Fisher made a lot of different models of amps, pre-amps, etc in that era. with different prefixes and suffixes. This is the Table Model Radio, though. It's the exact radio that Markw posted a picture of so kindly. Well, I'll wait and see if any other members have any more info on it. Thanks for the replies so far!

I just bought my third one. I like them a lot. With solid cases and good speakers, they have a big, booming sound. To set the tuners, pull out the knob and tune in the station, then press it in. Then, next time you press it, it will go back to your pre-tuned station. Don’t know much about fixing them, but they’re sturdy and sound very good. I’ve got one that doesn’t seem to respond to bass and treble controls, but I’m not sure what the fix is.

Picked up a nice Fisher 100 this week. What the heck is with the telemetry demodulator on this? I haven't seen it in any other photos on the web.

Attachments

• 1642872979156813992565.jpg
    1642872979156813992565.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 24
  • 164287303778951461568.jpg
    164287303778951461568.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I'm thinking it's some type of inter-office communication or EMS device. Listen to some tunes while waiting on the next emergency call. At least they didn't butcher the case and it sounds great.

It is an add on. Figure this was Avery Fisher's company answer to the KLH Model 21 back in 1967. Those output transistors are Germanium. It is a nice sounding table radio.

Back
Top Bottom