Fisher 100T FM squeal

ronton3

ronton3
Recently I was using the 100T with an SA100 that I recapped(thanks for all the help) it is wonderful pair. I have been refurbishing an EICO HF-81(I am in love) so I have had the 100/100 combo standing by, today I wanted to unhook the Eico for a bit more attention. When I hooked up the Fishers they sound great but the FM squeals, it was working. AM is silent. I do not use the tuner part at all. Is there a simple way I can unhook the tuner portion, but leave it so I can restore it. Can I simply remove the radio tubes. Thanks for any suggestions. ron

I do not know what happened but at the end of a 21 minute meditation tape(now on cd) playing through aux, I have listened to at least a 1000 times there was a shift in the sound stage, something happened, I do not know what, I tried the FM again and it is back to white noise(no antenna) the squeal is gone. I wonder if maybe a new cap opened up or something like that. I still would like to know if I can simply remove the radio tubes without effecting aux and phono.

12 hours later, I turn it back on and the squeal is back, where does it come from? This is strange on a whim I moved the dial and the squeal is gone again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom