Fisher 111

GeauxHiFI

I just picked up a pair of Fisher 111 from an elderly couple here in Hawaii. I loved their sound. It appears the grills aren't removable. Any ideas on this? The gentleman I purchased them from thinks he bought them in the late 60s. Thanks in advance

They most likely are tacked on. Look really closely in the corners and down the sides, about 1/4" to 1/2" from the edge. Take a paint can opener (the kind with the bottle opener on the other end.) and slip the curved end under the edge of the grill. Lift straight up with some grunt. Don't try to pry them up or you'll dent the edge of the front frame. Replace with adhesive hook and loop fasteners squares.

They most likely are tacked on. Look really closely in the corners and down the sides, about 1/4" to 1/2" from the edge. Take a paint can opener (the kind with the bottle opener on the other end.) and slip the curved end under the edge of the grill. Lift straight up with some grunt. Don't try to pry them up or you'll dent the edge of the front frame. Replace with adhesive hook and loop fasteners squares.
Thank. I will give it a shot

Back
Top Bottom