Fisher 111k speakers- am I wasting my money

philips fx82

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi to everyone, I am considering purchasing some Fishers 111k speakers foe about $180. These are a 4 way speaker made in about 1970. I will be using them with a pp el84 amp. Are these comparable to earlier Fisher speakers like the xp10 or xp 18. I would appreciate any opinions from actual users.
thanks

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/amazing-fisher-111k-speakers.580902/
index.php

Looks like at least some (perhaps all) of the drivers are Peerless.
Might be OK -- although that's an awful lot of drivers stuffed willy-nilly into a "monkey coffin" speaker enclosure!

$180 sounds to me like too much money, though. Maybe (?!?!) if they are perfect (as new or better condition!) and the enclosures themselves are really well built (e.g., furniture-quality veneer & finish).

No, I am not an "actual user"; if that's a problem let me know & I can delete this post.

I picked up a pristine pair of Fisher XP-7B's a year ago for $40. The cabinets are some of the best I've seen... Furniture grade or better. I need to recap them. I had a previous pair that I did do a recap on and I can say that while they are "ok", they aren't great. Given they are a piece of history and the cabs are well made I'll pick up Fisher speakers if the price is low - and it usually is.

Back
Top Bottom