Fisher 200A Mono Amps

AlTinkster92

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi Folks, saw a set of these on the auction site, thought I knew most of Avery's gear but here these are. Anyone know anything about them? Sure look interesting and remind me of the 55 and 50A's. Never seen a set of these and they have the copper chassis I think. Thoughts? AL

I noticed those beautiful amplifiers too Al. I've never seen that model. Must be rare like the 125-AX.

The 200 was the result of Fisher taking the original 50A platform about as far as it could go. It was still basically the same transformer coupled Class AB2 capable front end as used in the 50A, but now using EL34 output tubes operating in pentode mode. It could no longer boast all triode performance, but did boost the power output over that of the original 40 watt design.

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave, bet these have the same issues as the SA100 chassis with ground, bet they run hot as a firecracker as well. Still very nice amps I'm sure and the even though its running a few JJ tubes. Would love to own them, gotta watch. :lurk:

Last edited:
Nice amps, but I'd factor in the cost of another rebuild on those. Each amp was rebuilt with completely different parts. They're also missing the cages, you won't ever find those if you want them.

I think Dave Gillespie has mentioned that the units that were made for consoles came without the cage while ones sold for external use came with cage covers. These should make excellent power amps. If not already restored, you may want to do a careful restoration with guidance here from Dave and others. Take it slow and carefully.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom