Fisher 202-B volume pot

geg167

Could anyone give me an advice on this one. I have broken fisher 202-b volume pot. I opened it. There is missing 3/4 of the graphite resistor path. Is there any way to repair it (Conductive paint, mix of graphite and glue, cooper foil)? If not, where can I find a replacement?
Thank you.

Could anyone give me an advice on this one. I have broken fisher 202-b volume pot. I opened it. There is missing 3/4 of the graphite resistor path. Is there any way to repair it (Conductive paint, mix of graphite and glue, cooper foil)? If not, where can I find a replacement?
Thank you.

Replacement of the pot or at least the defective element is the only fix for this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

One,of the members may be able to help with specifics, a pic of the pot assembly might help, with resistance value.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That is a very busy pot, with dual loudness taps and dual power switches as well. The only one I know of that was good was a pot that Fisher Doc used to sell. It only had one loudness tap, and was a 50K unit versus the 100K of the original design, but could be made to work very well, and had the dual power switches as well. I know FD was running low on them, so I don't know if he has any more or not, but you might check.

Good luck with it!

Dave

How about Mark Opatt at Old radio parts? I heard he can rebuild some of these older Fisher volume switches? No Affiliation.

I finally got hold of a junk 202-b unit. I recycled the on/off switch, but it seems to have its own issues. It does not make a click sound at the very beginning. The click that's indicating that the receiver is on. It works fine but now I have to unplug the amp from the wall if I want to turn it off!
Could anyone tell me if that issue is fixable?
Thanks

It is. You can get a new switch for the original volume control from Mark Oppat. If the volume control portion from the junker works well, then you struck gold, because the power switch can be replaced. The volume control portion -- as you likely found out -- cannot. There may be "workable" replacements out there, as in the Fisher Doc piece, but not exact replacements. Glad you found it!

Dave

The ideal fix is as Dave said ,,, if you aren't comfortable disassembling teh "new" pot/switch, you can mount a power switch on he back of the chassis,,, I did this with a HK receiver, just used one of the Aux receptacle holes...
Good luck...

Am I correct by saying that the second part of the pot, the tail, contains the on/of switch? If I have my first pot that has this on/of switch working then I just reuse it. Just need to make sure which part of the pot it is.

Thank you

The switch is on teh back of teh pot(s) normally,,, should be two wires you can trace to AC line and transformer...

I used a new Alps pot on my X202C and KX200 and put a switch on the back,
unless you want to keep it original.

Tube

Hold on........A replacement pot for the X-202C and the X-202B are very different electrically. They are not interchangeable.

Dave

I need a pot for 202b and I will put a toggle switch on the back. Any suggestion which pot should I buy?

Who's on first???? :D

If it is a switch issue, then it can be fixed.

If it is volume control issue, it cannot.

Do you have a junker volume control that works?

Do you have a switch that works?

I finally got hold of a junk 202-b unit. I recycled the on/off switch, but it seems to have its own issues. It does not make a click sound at the very beginning. The click that's indicating that the receiver is on. It works fine but now I have to unplug the amp from the wall if I want to turn it off!
Could anyone tell me if that issue is fixable?
Thanks

The junker volume pot that you mention here is no good as well?

Back
Top Bottom