Fisher 203 receiver

clydeselsor

Lunatic Member
Just picked up a Fisher 203 receiver at a garage sale for $10. It works but needs a good cleaning inside and out. Does anyone have any info about this receiver such as wpc?:headscrat

I found some information on the Fisher 203 in the 1973 Stereo Directory & Buying Guide.

FM Sensitivity 2.5uV for 30dB quieting; capture ratio 3dB. Input sensitivity: mag. Phono 2.5mV; aux. & tape monitor 200mV. Power amp has 30 W/ch dynamic into 8 ohms (40 W/ch into 4 ohms). 20 W/ch rms into 8 ohms (25 W/ch into 4 ohms) with both channels driven and at 0.5% THD. Power bandwidth 20-50,000 Hz. Has front-panel tape recorder output. 17" X 5 1/2" X 14". Walnut cabinet optional.....$269.95

How about a picture once you clean it up?

I just checked on the back and it says: Fisher New York, made in Japan. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with this once it is done. Maybe put it in the den with an early pair of Advent Prodigy towers that I have had for about 15 years now and they are just sitting around doing nothing. It's time they started earning their keep! ;)

I believe the 203 is of the 1st gen foreign produced Fishers and still shows the US engineering and build but foreign assembly rather than totally offshore design to build. If from the series these were still close to the standards of the US Fishers and very decent receivers.

Good to know, Brian. I also picked up a pretty cool Pioneer PL-12D turntable with it (also for $10.00) that needs some restoration as well. The vinyl wood finish is pealing off the plinth. I may just build a new one out of oak or something. Together they may make a pretty cool vintage system for my den.

The early quadraphonic units (701, 801, 601) were made in Hong Kong. My Fisher 404, like the 203, was also sold in 1973 and it was made in Hong Kong.

2-404.jpg

Hi,

I had a Fisher 201 from the series. Mine was a gift from my mom, Christmas 1980. 10 years old traded at The Music Box in Oak Ridge, TN. She got it at wholesale value since the owner knew who it was for. Mine was 20 WPC RMS and had a superb tuner. Sounded nice. First drove salvaged speakers from a compact stereo and later drove Altec Lansing Model 1 speakers. Had a Garrard 40B record changer with it and later on a Dual 1225 I bought with my birthday money and 5 a week until paid off 2 months later with a Shure M70 EJ cartridge. The Fisher I had was a US designed model made in Japan by Hitachi.

hello, clyde

I've read you have Fisher 203 reciever, i happen to have one also! do have schematics for the fisher? if yes, can you pls share it with me? i'll post a pic of my fisher. Mine is in good running condition and i'm enjoying it. except for the vu meter is not functioning and the light of "stereo Beacon" is busted. other than that, A ok!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom