Fisher 205 and Fisher 205a

Kingfisher

Well this is odd...apparently Fisher must have made a mistake during the original production run of the 205 model. I doubt it was made for a second year..the 215 I believe succeeded the 205 (as well as the 213 succeeding the 203). Anyone with any knowledge of this? Feel free to chime in...

Attachments

• DSCF0218-2.jpg
    DSCF0218-2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Fisher 205a.JPG
    Fisher 205a.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 33
From looking at the Service manual of the 205, it looks like FISHER may have designated the Multi-Voltage unit the 215. This is conjecture based on what I've seen in the manual. The "A" model may have been an updated model for a 2nd year. These were built between 1972 and 1974 model years. The "A" variant could also be delineated by a "serial number higher than xxxxx" also, similar to the 250-T and 250-TX built around the same time. Other than the serial # they are basically identical.

Fisher was known for using different model #'s for the same unit if it was going to a different country than the US. For example the 400-T in the US would have been the 505-T in CANADA IIRC. Same unit, Same manual, different country of delivery, Different Model #.

Back
Top Bottom