fisher 220t she paid 200.00

wsissons

Hi I live in vancouver there is a high end audio shop here that charged this woman 200.00 dollars for a 220t . the bill was taped on the receiver she gave to me for free I didnt see this till today whn I lookd at the bill with had free on the side I seen........heres a photo of the bill....

Attachments

• DSC04193.jpg
    DSC04193.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Hi I live in vancouver there is a high end audio shop here that charged this woman 200.00 dollars for a 220t . the bill was taped on the receiver she gave to me for free I didnt see this till today whn I lookd at the bill with had free on the side I seen........heres a photo of the bill....

You could have blurred out the poor womans address details....

Your really need to take her name and address off the internet.

It's bad enough that she paid quadruple what she should have paid...

I posted this without thinking about her name on the bill......the only reason I posted this was this is a very highend store here . I once took my 9090db in there and I got snubbed buy the sales guy. he told me it wasnt worth getting the tuner fixed.......funny the repair guy caught up to me and said he works on the gear and said the opposite he loved the 70s gear......dont ever get rid of it ......was when I first started my vintage ill call it a obbession.......I just was asstonished they took this lady to the cleaners on a vintage peice....hope it wasnt the same sales guy I talked to who snubbed me.....

I posted this without thinking about her name on the bill.

So why not edit your initial post and take down the pic of the bill? :scratch2:

In other news... I wonder why she gave it to you only a year after she bought it, especially since she paid so much. Was there something wrong with it or something?

I just was asstonished they took this lady to the cleaners on a vintage peice....hope it wasnt the same sales guy I talked to who snubbed me.....

Reminds me of when a girlfriend's sister bought a Toyota MR2 back around '91 sometime. I did a little research and determined she should have been able to get the car for $15K-$16K at the time, whereas she paid over $22K for hers. There are some sales people whose morals might be considered questionable, and this guy definitely falls into that category. I felt this was a reprehensible act, but there wasn't much she could do about it after she signed the contact to purchase it, either.

Long term, well, I'd imagine she would be hesitant to go back to Toyota after learning of how she was treated. The act by one low life salesman more than likely cost Toyota in the long run.

It's unfortunate this woman was treated like that. There are things that she should have done prior to purchasing this receiver, such as doing a little research online to determine its value. Knowledge will help prevent a saledroid from ripping you off.

John

What I don't understand is why people think this woman was ripped off. Do you guys think everything is a yard sale? It looks to me that the woman bought a rare old receiver that was repaired and restored to some degree.She was probably given some type of warranty. Do you think the seller should have given it it away for free? It was sold by a business. There is overhead, salaries, and dare i say it need for a reasonable profit. This is one of the reasons we make nothing in the US anymore. No one wants to pay the price. A real rip off is the $2000 cable or $800 hot stamper yard sale lp. Geez get real.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why people think this woman was ripped off. Do you guys think everything is a yard sale? It looks to me that the woman bought a rare old receiver that was repaired and restored to some degree.She was probably given some type of warranty. Do you think the seller should have given it it away for free? It was sold by a business. There is overhead, salaries, and dare i say it need for a reasonable profit. This is one of the reasons we make nothing in the US anymore. No one wants to pay the price. A real rip off is the $2000 cable or $800 hot stamper yard sale lp. Geez get real.

Take a chill pill.........not all of us live in the "US" or come from there........

Agree.

What I don't understand is why people think this woman was ripped off. Do you guys think everything is a yard sale? It looks to me that the woman bought a rare old receiver that was repaired and restored to some degree. She was probably given some type of warranty. Do you think the seller should have given it away for free? It was sold by a business. There are overhead, salaries, and dare I say it need for a reasonable profit.
As best as one can tell from the fuzzy picture, she got a classic Fisher receiver, with lumber, in very good condition. I do not feel that the price she paid was unreasonable. I really liked the sound and looks of the 220T that I owned and used on a daily basis.

As best as one can tell from the fuzzy picture, she got a classic Fisher receiver, with lumber, in very good condition. I do not feel that the price she paid was unreasonable. I really liked the sound and looks of the 220T that I owned and used on a daily basis.

I suppose thinking about it....a tube receiver from a high end store......200 bucks is the sort od price they would charge.....

Im afraid i am of the "yard sale $10" mentality........

I dident even realise it was a tube amp......

I think it is transistor, but it is still worth whatever someone is willing to pay. For $50 the business is better off throwing in the dumpster.

Back
Top Bottom