1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher 400 Cabinet maintenance

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Jon Kasper, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jon Kasper

Jon Kasper New Member

Hi all,

Have an original Fisher 400 cabinet in quite good condition, it seems almost a teak finish though perhaps also walnut? See the pictures attached.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping the cabinet looking its best as I really love the way it looks and want to ensure I'm doing all I can to keep it protected and healthy? Perhaps some sort of natural oil to protect and retain the quality, though wouldn't want to apply anything that would alter or drastically change the look/add a sheen, rather just protect and preserve.
    All tips/experience appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bhamham

bhamham AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. grindfix

grindfix Full time hobby Subscriber

4. Dneprrider

Dneprrider Active Member

I now use RENAISSANCE MICRO-CRYSTALLINE WAX/POLISH to protect the wood on my Fisher and other wood products. As with any free advice on the net, I did my own research and read about the many various products available. I like this stuff and found it worked well for my use.