Fisher 400 cap kit from Hayseed

doublechaz

I'm sure people around here know them well.

Anyone have a horror story they would share?

I'm curious how solid they are in standing behind their product.

Thanks.

I have ordered a 500c, 400, and two 800b kits from them. Always helpful, curteous, and prompt delivery. Never had even the slightest problem with my orders.

They seem very upstanding. I've bought plenty of Multi-section cans from them without any issues. Did you run into an issue with one of their cans?

Wow, they do seem good!

I emailed over the weekend, don't remember just when. They called voice on Sunday with a number of options. Unfortunately, I let the call go to voicemail as I didn't expect a legit call from an unknown number on a Sunday.

Looks like I'll be in business real quick.

Big +1 for Hayseed.

I've used them for complete multi section recap of my 500C and a 400 receiver. Good people, good product. Absolutely zero complaints.

While various other things have been goin on in my life I've been taking a break from restoring my 400. It was running fine when I put it up, but I couldn't stand going any longer without doing the major caps. I have three of the four from the kit installed now and just had to power up and check. Good so far. Won't be long until the last one, 200/50/50, is in. While running it I found that my speaker switch is pretty well done. Also, I've learned a lot lurking on here and watching youtube from Mr. Carlson and such. I'll have to pull out my small signal caps and get the polarity right on them. Silly me thought non-polar caps weren't polar.

Many of you here deserve a big thank you for helping me convert from microlithography silicon to tube. It was pretty hard to convert at first.

And a huge thank you to Hayseed for making a great product and being just about the most helpful people I've done business with.

Tom @ Hayseed is a great guy and will answer all the questions he can..
I have at least 6 units working wonderfully thanks to him....getting ready to buy an 800C kit from him

I've been getting caps from Tom since 2008. And not just for FISHER's. He will make customs, and they aren't any more, cost wise, than a cap in the 800c kit. Never had a failure, and they are rated for 105*C so you won't have a heat ralated failure.

A big thumbs up for Hayseed! Tom is prompt, professional and has great communication. You can tell that customer service is a big priority. I recently sent in an order and received an email from Tom while he was on vacation even! In my opinion, we should continue to support this business that provides a unique service so that they will continue to be in business whenever we need them again.

Tom, recently made all new cans for my President. I am very pleased with them and will be ordering more soon.

I ordered from Tom earlier this year for my 400. Caps were OK, but one was mislabeled. I ended up just peeling the green and white sticker off the mislabeled can. Always test everything before installing, no matter who you order from.

I agree about the testing. I should get my last can tomorrow according to USPS. That will replace the 50/50/50 I have with the 200/50/50. Anything can happen, but no problems getting it worked out. That's not really fair. It's been way *better* than 'no problems'. I don't know how to say it, but resolution has been a breath of fresh air in a world of stinky 'racing to the bottom' vendors. Solid recommend!

It is always a pleasure dealing with Hayseed and Tom, they made some very nice custom caps with weird values.

Prompt shipping, quality products, friendly email. I just need to find more equipment to recap so i can order again!

I ordered from Tom earlier this year for my 400. Caps were OK, but one was mislabeled. I ended up just peeling the green and white sticker off the mislabeled can. Always test everything before installing, no matter who you order from.

KingFisher; Tom will send you a replacement sticker with the correct info. All you need do is ask.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom