Fisher 400 dim bulb test...pass or fail?

Kingfisher

Fired up the 400 today on the DBT using a 100w bulb. Got a slight dimming. Tried a 60w...no dim. Did get sound out of the left channel, but nothing out of the right. Should I try a 150w bulb? What is the best wattage bulb for testing a Fisher 400?

Show us how you wired up the DBT. Open it up and take pictures of the wiring and post it here. I have a feeling you wired thhe dbt incorrectly.

Success!! Today I stopped at Menard's on my way home from work and bought a clear 150w bulb and redid the DBT. The bulb dimmed just like I was hoping it would! When the sound of FM stereo static (no antenna yet) came up on the speakers, it was in both of them this time. It must be the size of the bulb that prevented sound from emanating from the right speaker. In other words, too much resistance. Oh and BTW, my dim bulb tester works fine. I've used it before on old radios. I even installed a light switch to shut the power off quickly. The next step is to bring up the 400 on the variac and do some voltage checks.

Back
Top Bottom