FISHER 400 RECEIVER

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by rudpra, Dec 1, 2015.

1. larryderouin

larryderouin You can be sure if it's Westinghouse??????? Subscriber

If you are weak on electronics work, go with the $85.00 kit. It'll have the adjunct parts (manual, extra schematics, pictorials, etc) needed so you can visualize and id the parts and sections easier. Plus you'll have docimentation for any future repairs).

2. The Fuxtor

The Fuxtor AK Subscriber Subscriber

I pretty much just finished my metalbone kit ( 85 dollar ), I'm glad I went with it because I am far from other members in regards to experience with electronics in general, but I can tell you if you do go with a kit of your own, there is a ton of knowledge in this forum and lots of good guys to help you out! The metalbone kit comes with parts for each section in separate baggies, so after I finished with a bag I would test the unit with a dim bulb tester with a 150 watt bulb and check if all went good with my work. Actually the majority of upgrades are not too difficult if you are careful and take your time. Your unit looks very nice I must say, congrats!

3. rudpra

rudpra Active Member

Thanks for all the guidance ,I do some soldering change bulbs to LED and have some dexterity, but by far not like some of this guys here on the forum, will get the $85 kit and if looks to difficult
    will seek some one to do the job....any recommendations either with members or in the Atalanta Ga. area....Thanks again............

4. rudpra

rudpra Active Member

Sent for the $85 Kit.....today....

jrockvideo likes this.
  5. ducati2

ducati2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have searched the ak database , but can't find a fisher 400 component location diagram or photo. Not the parts list, but a visual pic of the underside with arrows pointing to components. Most receiver service manuals have such a thing, which helps me tremendously. Anyone know where to find this for the late model?

6. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

It is typically Sam's Photofact that provides such pics. Don't think there was ever such an animal provided by Fisher, and don't think Sam's ever did the 400 receiver, either......

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but something like this would have popped up long ago if it existed!

Dave

7. larryderouin

larryderouin You can be sure if it's Westinghouse??????? Subscriber

I've only ever seen 2 items from Sam's that pertained to FISHER Products from 1960 to 1968. An Early TA-600 photofact, and a "special equipment Data" sheet for the Custom Electra VII which was a 2 sided schematic of the tuner/preamp on one side and the Amp on the other. A scan of the SAM's site for "400" under Fisher for that time frame (60-68) came up with photofacts for the 400c preamp and the 400-T transistorized receiver from 1968-69 era.