Fisher 400 under chassis power doubling capacitor replacement - double check?

TravAndAlex

Hey guys. Doing the Metalbone parts replacement for my Fisher 400 and he included replacement capacitors for the power doublers. Since there are no instructions included, just wanted to share a few pictures and see if this looks right to anyone who has done this before. Basically, I disconnected positive leads from the old can cap and attached them to the new capacitor and connected to the old negative post for connection and simplicity.

Just want confirmation that I've tackled this correctly (or not as the case may be). I was initially confused as I assumed that the 100 and 200 capacitors were parts of the same can.

Note: In the pictures the transformers are disconnected and small wire cut offs are still present underneath to mark where transformer wires will go.

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

Looks good so far as to the 200uf. I can't make enoughout of the 100uf to tell for sure. Try a close up overhead and an oblique shot from the rear of the unit to break out the leads.

Looks good so far as to the 200uf. I can't make enoughout of the 100uf to tell for sure. Try a close up overhead and an oblique shot from the rear of the unit to break out the leads.

Thanks for the feedback! Just wanted to double check I was on the right path. Here's some better (hopefully) pics:

IMG_0069.jpg IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0072.jpg

Electrically it looks good. I would have put a couple of terminal strips in there (one at each position) so there are no "flying leads", making the caps attached to solid points . Otherwise it's fine.

Electrically it looks good. I would have put a couple of terminal strips in there (one at each position) so there are no "flying leads", making the caps attached to solid points . Otherwise it's fine.

No terminal strips on hand. I'll add them to my next order!

Just want to get things working first! :)

Ugg. Plugged it in today and was getting 120V AC on the chassis. Not good. Heard back from Louis (Metalbone) and he informed me that:

one of the 330s is attached between the two 50s, and the other 330 is attached to one of the 50s and the 200. The 200 should be the one with the wire to the neg of the 100 (looks like that blue wire).

Redone as per above and the 120v AC has disappeared. Thank goodness.

IMG_5686.jpg

Back
Top Bottom