Fisher 4112's - $50

I'm not usually this brusque, but they look like junk to me :-(
Obviously, just an opinion... I've not heard them, so it's more of an educated guess. If you can see them 'live', evaluate the cabinet construction... are the cabinets heavy and acoustically 'dead'? Rap on them with your knuckles.... hollow or 'dead'? The woofers most likely have foam surrounds (?) If so, are they intact and supple? If not, more time, effort, and/or expense for you.

Just because they are all cone drivers doesn't mean they'll sound bad, but chances are the drivers are inexpensive, the crossovers nominal, and the cabinet tuning may produce 'boom' rather than deep bass. Again, this can be evaluated only 'in the flesh'. Remember: What you like, sound-wise, is really up to you!

Finally, a small piece of free advice... I am used to paying much less for better speakers. The BEST (IMO) way to get a pair of decent speakers cheap is to find a pair with bad foam surrounds. Many folks don't know that the surrounds are cost-effectively repairable, so they just pitch 'em. Not so hard to find very decent speakers curbside, or in the town 'swap pile' at the dump (transfer station) here in New England.

Obviously just a string of my own biases and opinions... maybe a shred of usefulness, though, I hope.

sounds pretty dead on to me, i havent seen them cept for the pic. i have not read anything about Fisher speakers and these do look clean so i thought i'de pose the question, as much for the info on the speakers as to check my instincts.

Back
Top Bottom