1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Fisher 440 T no sound, need help

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by ghbrian, Aug 8, 2018.

1. ghbrian

ghbrian AK Subscriber Subscriber

I recently picked up a Fisher 440 T receiver. It powers on but no output, just a small hum, does not change with volume or which input is selected. I have noticed that some 440 T's that are for sale are sold as having no sound. Maybe there is a common problem with these receivers, if so what should I look for?

Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. fred soop

fred soop Super Member

First place to look is fuse F2 that supplies power to the output stages of both channels. Then check all the power supply voltages at DD, FF, GG, EE, and BB. Next would be to connect REC OUT to the input of another amplifier to determine if there is a signal at that point. Since it is both channels, I'd bet on a power supply problem.

3. ghbrian

Here are some photos to clarify what unit we are discussing

. 440 2.jpg 440 3.jpg 440 4.jpg 440 5.jpg 440 6.jpg 440 7.jpg

Attached Files:

4. ghbrian

Make Audio Great Again

5. audiojones

audiojones Jonesin' for audio Subscriber

FWIW I’ve had a couple of these receivers and an integrated amp from the Heritage series come through here that made no sound and they needed all of the electrolytic capacitors replaced as they weren’t passing a signal anymore. The last 440T I did also had the additional symptom of making a nasty scratching noise when you tapped on the chassis. I replaced all of the caps in that one too and it sings beautifully for its original owner now. I don’t generally go around “recaping” equipment unless it’s called for but when it comes to these old solid state Fishers I make an exception.