Fisher 500b Snag

MY GOD!!! If I only lived half handy...

I really hope someone can get to this and report back to it. I grabbed something similar, an 800b just like this situation, over the summer. It just kills me that I can't get this one too, but I'd prefer someone else get it than no one at all.

I get the jitters whenever I see something like this, as I've gotten most my equipment this way. The same thing happened when I found a Sansui G 22000 for $50....

Imagine my sadness when I entered a bidding war with a very eager local. Needless to say that didn't go as I'd hoped!

I sincerely hope whoever get this Fisher comes to join the Fisher Forum and report on their findings!

I've never heard of this app. Seems like a more user friendly version of Freecycle.

But since Sussex is only about 40-50 minutes north of me. I signed up and sent a message. We'll see what happen next.
Dolphin how does the seller contact you? By email like CL? Or only via the app?

I've never heard of this app. Seems like a more user friendly version of Freecycle.

But since Sussex is only about 40-50 minutes north of me. I signed up and sent a message. We'll see what happen next.
Dolphin how does the seller contact you? By email like CL? Or only via the app?

You'll be getting a response in the app, which will open as a chat log. Fortunately the listing is only a day old, so the hope is that you'll be the first to get in touch with him. As long as you have notifications in the app on, you'll get notified as soon as he responds.

This app has been the source of 3 of my 4 high end amplifier finds, and all of them below or way below fair value. This Fisher 500b will be of no exceptions, and I wish you luck tomorrow.

The best advice I can give you is to get over there as fast as possible, as I've ended up in a bidding war with other interested buyers on more than one occasion. Please post about it in the Fisher Forum if you do snag it, as I'd love to see some pictures and a resolution to this ad!

This is right around the corner from me, so I sent him a note too, probably about a half hour ago. So we'll see. Poor guy probably has 500 messages to wade through.

Dolphin, Thanks for tip on this :), and thanks for the pointers. I will keep you posted, as to what happens. Either in this thread or in the Fisher thread.

I wish the best of luck to the both of you two. Who knows how the seller will react, but if he gets any inclination of its value, especially from many messages, the deal may not be so sweet anymore

Very true. Hopefully either myself, Saint Johnny, or another AKer gets it for, if not a steal, then a decent price.

A question. How do I know if the apps notifications are turned on?
Nevermind, I'm reading the FAQ, now!:whip:

Last edited:
Somehow I doubt it.
Countdown to when it appears on ebay for $700 BIN?

Yeah, it was unfortunate that there was no sure-fire way one of our guys here could get it, but hopefully whoever snagged it was a collector as opposed to a flipper. It's the nice gear like that that I'd want to keep and restore.

Sigh. My birthday is in a few days, and I was thinking what a nice present to myself this would have been.

Back
Top Bottom