Fisher 504 Quadro

mimoser

Today I grabbed a Fisher 504 Quadro receiver from a local fleamarket for only EUR 3,50!
"wood"case needs new veneer, some lettering is faded and switches need a bath in deoxit.
Before attacking the piece, I’d like to know some specs and maybe source operators and service manual. Any help will be appreciated.
fisher.jpg

Michael

i have one! 45 wpc and sounds good! the sm and om is almost impossible to find!
good luck and welcome to the club!:music:

This was one of Fisher's statement pieces in 1972-1973. Fisher then was owned by Emerson Electric of Ceiling Fan fame. US made. Not too many made or sold. Manuals uncommon. Good performing when working. Not as good as the units made by Avery Fisher's original company but not junky either.

Great find! The 504 was the top-of-the-line Fisher quadraphonic receiver when it was introduced. I have a Fisher 404, the next unit down the line, which is a little less feature rich than the 504. The SQ decoder is rudimentary, although IMHO it sounds pretty good. My 404 indicates on the back panel that it was made in Hong Kong. Where was your 504 made?

Hook it up with four speakers and give it a try. Using the SQ decoder position, even when used with ordinary two-channel source material, can yield great pseudo-quadraphonic results. Good listening.

P.S. Be very careful cleaning the front panel. The lettering will come off very easily.

Thanks a lot for your input.
My unit was made in HongKong.
Is there an accepted method for restoring faded lettering?
And where do you recommend to buy digital copies of a service manual?
br
Michael

Is there an accepted method for restoring faded lettering?
And where do you recommend to buy digital copies of a service manual?
I do not know how the lettering can be restored. All I know from reading previous posts is that it can be removed very easily.

I purchased a service manual for a Kenwood amplifier from www.servicemanuals.net . I looked on their website this evening and they apparently sell copies of the Fisher 504 service manual, either as a download or paper copy.

link to Fisher 504 manual:
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/FISHER/504/pos1/results.aspx

just got me a service manual from servicemanuals.net.
nice site, fair quality.
Thank you all for your input!
Michael

Yesterday I opened up the 504 and started cleaning. Most of the status bulbs and some of the illumination is shot. Could anybody help me which voltage to use (24V?) and if the bulbs could be replaced with LEDS? The originally used incandescents seem to get too hot, so some of the rubber insets are badly burnt.
br
Michael

Back
Top Bottom