Fisher 800B MPX output jack

kpaxfaq

Tube Rectified
The Fisher 800B has a MPX Stereo decoder built into it. They also have an RCA jack label "MPX OUTPUT" on the chassis. Anyone have any idea why since MPX came standard with this model? The only conclusion I can think of is that they recycled the chassis of the previous mono model that already had those on there for outboard adapters but the 800B chassis is unique to me compared to the TA-600, 500-s, 800-s. Just something that caught my eye the other day...

Kory

It might be there for test purposes. Also, Fisher released tuners before the multiplex standard was finalized with block-off plates in the adapter spot. The 800B was designed before the standard was finalized, and it's entirely possible that Fisher intended to sell early examples without the adapter installed - though I've never seen one without it.

It might be there for test purposes. Also, Fisher released tuners before the multiplex standard was finalized with block-off plates in the adapter spot. The 800B was designed before the standard was finalized, and it's entirely possible that Fisher intended to sell early examples without the adapter installed - though I've never seen one without it.

Thanks for the insight, just curious.

Considering that the 800B is also capable of FM/AM stereo multicasts, I think they were just trying to cover their bases with the MPX Out jack.

Back
Top Bottom