Fisher CA-800 Rebuild Thread!

or just rectify--->cap---->apropriate resistor----> led. works too.
usually what i do. 78xx is somewhat overkill for leds?

or just rectify--->cap---->appropriate resistor----> led. works too.
usually what i do. 78xx is somewhat overkill for leds?
that was my original idea but the value will change depending on how many LED's are lit at once. a regulated supply wont have that problem.

Last edited:
i like using 78/79xx for various stuff so go with that. if u dont have any at hand just open the nearest clockradio, wallcharger, crappy cassettdeck or pretty much anything electronic and u have one:)

Got some bad news. There won't be any new pics of this rebuild for probably quite some time. All the pics I have took have been with my phone and the screen broke on it last night :(:(:( and not just the glass cracked the LCD panel itself.

holy.....!!! howd that happen? hard night at the pub:)?

man i have crashed some phones in my days! last one i accidently ran over with the lawnmower! hahah not much left of that one!

i think i got enough op-amps to try out. i have the...
NE5532P
NJM2114D
LM4562NA
i think that will be enough. i thought about getting a SMD to DIP adapter so i could play with some of the OPA op-amps, but i dont think i'll do all that.

Got some bad news. There won't be any new pics of this rebuild for probably quite some time. All the pics I have took have been with my phone and the screen broke on it last night :(:(:( and not just the glass cracked the LCD panel itself.
Looking into getting a new screen for my phone. this thread needs more photos!

Would it be possible to modify what frequencies the bass and treble knobs change...? looks like it wouldn't be hard just change the values of the caps...but to what...
Some thinking aloud, or in text there's a 0.0033 for the treble and a 0.022 for the bass, changing the 0.022 to something like 0.015 would drop the frequency of that control. factory is 100Hz which sounds to boomy for me. something around 60Hz like a 5 band EQ would sound better..to me atleast

Last edited:
Would it be possible to modify what frequencies the bass and treble knobs change...? looks like it wouldn't be hard just change the values of the caps...but to what...
Some thinking aloud, or in text there's a 0.0033 for the treble and a 0.022 for the bass, changing the 0.022 to something like 0.015 would drop the frequency of that control. factory is 100Hz which sounds to boomy for me. something around 60Hz like a 5 band EQ would sound better..to me atleast
Guess no one is to thrilled about that one. guess i was getting carried away with the rebuild state of mind :p

well i just didnt have much to input on that one. guess the filters is made with both caps and resistors so probably need to replace more than just the caps.

headphone resistors would probably benefit from metalfilm with proper W rating that is.
the other two is in the PSU? how hot are we talking here?

Back
Top Bottom