fisher ca 880

hungsolow

hi all i have a fisher ca 880 amp that was working great till the other day the right channel is now dead i noticed that when i shut the unt down the right channe l pegged and now nothing is it worth repairing any help is appreciated

I also own the CA-880, and one thing to check first, is the fuses in the back. If the right channel fuse is blown, it may just need a simple replacement. If the original fuse is blown, and you replace it with a new one and the new one blows, the right channel amplifier block (chip amp) is shorted, and needs to be replaced. The CA-880 uses two mono STK-0080 80 watt amplifier blocks. You can still find these all over the net.

It could still be the right channel amplifier block. It may not be shorted, but open or receiving no power.

The best thing to do is to take an ohm meter and take some comparison readings between the right and left channels.

Also, check all your speaker and input connections. Check (wiggle) all your switches for intermittent action. Clean if necessary with de-oxit or something similar.

I was searching for info on CA 880, and this came up. I also have one with problems,
and have searched everywhere for a schematic, just wondering if you might have one.
Tnx, Bill wlgrant6@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom