Fisher cartridge for MC4040 "Audio Component Systeminf

alba359

Hi, Does anyone know of an online dealer that may have cartridges for a Fisher MC-4040 "Audio component System" It's an all-in-one combonation cassette/receiver/turntable. It in very good condition but the cartridge appears to have been ripped off.it has the owners manual,45 adapter, and cover. If I get it going I'd like to use it mainly for 78 rpm records. I'd appreciate any responses. Thanks, Don

Turntable is a FISHER Spec'ed variant of a BSR TT. A Pickering ATE (V15) type would work well here. A Stanton 500v.3 would be a modern equivalent. Neither are being made anymore but are on the used market. Stylus are still being made for both in LP and 78 versions.

Thanks Larryderouin,
And thanks for your service to our country. I'll check around to see if I can find a used BSR turntable for parts reasonably priced. I know a vendor at a flea market who has some old stereo equipment Just have to dig through lots of of stuff to get to the turntables, Thanks, for your post. Sincerely, Don

Don;
I hope that the turntable just had the cartridge removed by unplugging the leads and not literally ripped off of the tone arm. If the tone arm is damaged that would be best avoided as there is often hidden damage unless you choose to replace the turntable/changer. Some of the late BSR changers had cartridges that came with a head-shell integrated which made installation of new cartridges very easy.
Joe

If there is a single screw in the top of the headshell, that holds a 1/2" plastic mounting plate. Undo that and the plate drops out. The cartridge attaches to that via 2 small screws or screws and nuts. There should be 4 (maybe 5, one of which is connected to the tonearm shaft as a ground). These will have small pin (female ) connectors on them. These plug into the cartridge on the back. Should be blue, green, white, red. White and Red are the left and right POSitive or signal leads, while the blue and green are the left and right grounds. You can verify which colors pair up by flipping the turntable upside down and looking at the other end. The positions I'm going off the top of my head so verify them.

Back
Top Bottom